World Families Forums - Our Apologies - We lost some messages last night (Feb 4)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 10:23:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  X-chromosome (X DNA) (Moderator: Se├ín MacGorman Powell)
| | |-+  Our Apologies - We lost some messages last night (Feb 4)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our Apologies - We lost some messages last night (Feb 4)  (Read 1039 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: February 05, 2009, 12:07:12 PM »

During a transfer to a new server yesterday evening (Feb 4 - about 8 to 9 pm EDT), we had a problem.  Our database didn't fully transfer, so we had the server company move it again.  They were successful with the second move, but we now realize that we overwrote and lost any message postings during the period while we were online with the partial database. 

We know that we lost two messages on this Board - and possibly more.

Our apologies!  We are very sorry for the inconvenience and disruption.

We hope the upgrade in server will provide you with a better Forum.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:08:46 PM by terry » Logged
DKF

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »

During a transfer to a new server yesterday evening (Feb 4 - about 8 to 9 pm EDT), we had a problem.  Our database didn't fully transfer, so we had the server company move it again.  They were successful with the second move, but we now realize that we overwrote and lost any message postings during the period while we were online with the partial database. 

We know that we lost two messages on this Board - and possibly more.

Our apologies!  We are very sorry for the inconvenience and disruption.

We hope the upgrade in server will provide you with a better Forum.

Terry
Perhaps this is some sort of idiosyncratic problem, but perhaps it affects many more than myself. 

For the past three days I have not been able to access any WF site.  I kept getting 404 error messages.

I tried using Firefox, I tried clearing my cache - no go.  Sean was kindly providing assistance at this time.

The only thing that worked was to reboot my computer.  Now all seems to be fine.  However one must think that if I am affected, surely there are others who are left in the dark and may not think to restart their computer.  Perhaps an announcement to Rootsweb may be in order?

David.

X-chromosome:  56.25% England; 12.5% Scotland; 12.5% Ireland; 12.5% Germany; 6.25% North America (Lower Mohawk, Six Nations)
kathlingram

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »

DKF
I got the same message..occasionally it came up but I did not reboot.
I thought it was my saved favorits but it was not.
Well it is up now.
Kathleen Ingram

Kathlingram

X chromosome ancestry % 62.50 Irish,Colonial Admixture of Eng/Irish/Welsh 37.50%.Father 25% Irish,25 % Colonial admix.Mother 37.50% Irish 12.50% Colonial Admix
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.