World Families Forums - Haploblock Candidates Datasets (X-SNP results)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:54:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  X-chromosome (X DNA) (Moderator: Seán MacGorman Powell)
| | |-+  Haploblock Candidates Datasets (X-SNP results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haploblock Candidates Datasets (X-SNP results)  (Read 27982 times)
Seán MacGorman Powell
X-chromosome Project Administrator
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »

I added the three X-STRs to the X-SNP block that runs from position #66,573,001 to 67,018,756, for testee who is identified as  "ID039" (100% Norwegian ancestry).

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »

I added two more contributors to the X-SNP results chart today, labeled as follows:

1) ID051, with unspecified ancestry (I'll add the ancestry info later, if I can get it from the contributor)

2) ID052, with Czech / German / Irish ancestry

I've renumbered the testee ID numbers, to make room for the new contributors.  Please consult the legend at the far right margin of the results chart to see your current testee ID number assignment.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/geo/xdna/results

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »

I added two more contributors to the X-SNP results chart today, labeled as follows:

1) ID051, with unspecified ancestry (I'll add the ancestry info later, if I can get it from the contributor)

I added ancestry info for ID051: 25% English / 75% unspecified Colonial American.

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2009, 04:33:14 PM »

I added three more contributors to the X-SNP results chart today, labeled as follows:

1) ID054, with English/German ancestry

2) ID055, with unspecified ancestry

3) ID056, with unspecified ancestry

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »

I added two contributors to the X-SNP results chart today, and updated two others, labeled as follows:

1) ID055, previous submission, now with ancestry specified as 50% German-Russian / 50% Polish

2) ID056, previous submission, now with ancestry specified as 50% Danube-Swabian German / 25% German-Russian / 25% Polish

3) ID057, new submission, with unspecified ancestry

4) ID058, new submission, with 81.25% English / 12.50% Welsh / 6.25% Scottish ancestry

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »

I added a new contributor's results today, labeled "ID060," with 50% Irish / 50% German ancestry.

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 02:07:50 PM »

I added a new contributor's results today, labeled as follows:

ID061, with 100% Italian ancestry

ID062, with 62.5% Irish / 34.325% English / 3.175% German ancestry

I am starting to see a block that seems like it may be strongly associated with British Isles ancestry.  It's the green block that runs from position # 75,919,876 to 76,202,684.  It could possibly be associated with German ancestry too, but so far, every contributor who has this block has British Isles ancestry.  That it not to say the converse: that every contributor with British Isles ancestry has this block.

Of 83 contributors who reported data for this block, only 4 of them (5%) have this haplotype, and all 4 of them have British Isles ancestry. Of course that's nowhere near enough of a sample to come to any conclusions (especially given how common British Isles ancestry is among DNA testees), but I thought it was an interesting trend that may merit attention as more people contribute their data.

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 04:31:32 PM »

1) ID064, with English/German/French ancestry

2) ID065, with Polish ancestry

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 02:47:50 PM »

Added a new haploblock candidate to the results chart, running from position #19,018,881 to 19,263,368:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/geo/xdna/results?raw=1

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »

1) "ID049," with 100% Swedish ancestry

2) "Van Laar-Lacroix, Jeanny," with Dutch/Belgian ancestry

a.k.a., GhostX
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »

I added five new male contributors to the X-SNP results chart today, labeled as follows:

1) ID066, with German / Scots-Irish ancestry

2) ID067, with German / Alsatian / Catalan / French / Choctaw ancestry

3) ID070, with German / British Isles ancestry

4) ID071, with Irish / English ancestry

5) ID072, with English ancestry

Thank you for your patience waiting for this update, as I have been out of town on a long trip, and am just now getting caught up.

I noted one interesting observation regarding ID070:  If you compare his results with those of ID047 for the haploblock candidate that runs from positions 75,003,877 to 76,603,730, these two people are identical, and have a highly unusual haplotype (pay particular attention to the single black-colored SNP and the olive-green block).  They are not identical for any other haploblock in the spreadsheet.  I compared their raw data from Ben's spreadsheet, and extending the ends of this haploblock, they actually share a 6.64 Mb block, not counting no-calls (the haploblock itself is 1.60 Mb). They obviously share a distant ancestor whose haplotype, with respect to that haploblock, is rare.

Unfortunately, ID047 did not provide any ancestry information with his data submission.  That information could be very informative.  Ben, if you are reading this, perhaps you could contact him (assuming you still have his contact info) and encourage him to anonymously submit that information to you, and then pass it along to me (or have him contact me directly)?

Just as a side note, I do not routinely extract data from females from Ben's spreadsheet for inclusion in the X-chromosome Project, because the data from females' two X chromosomes is unfortunately too ambiguous and incomplete for it to be of much use in any project data analyses.  I will gladly accept data from women who wish to be included for their own purposes, however, upon request.

Due to almost nonexistent participation in this X-DNA forum lately, all future updates to the project's results charts will be announced over at the following dna-forums.org board, until further notice:

http://www.dna-forums.org/index.php?/topic/9370-x-chromosome-project-x-snp-updates/

I believe that more people will see the updates there.  I encourage people to continue to use the WorldFamiles boards for any X-DNA discussions.  I have cross-posted this message there, but will not continue to do so after today.

Sean

a.k.a., GhostX
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 18 queries.