World Families Forums - Haplogroup I - Lineage I-A: C-9, C-11, C-12, C-3, C-34

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 01:24:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Carson (Moderator: Stephanie Carson Feldman)
| | | |-+  Haplogroup I - Lineage I-A: C-9, C-11, C-12, C-3, C-34
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haplogroup I - Lineage I-A: C-9, C-11, C-12, C-3, C-34  (Read 1091 times)
Stephanie Carson Feldman

1302 ancestors for my boy!

« on: January 11, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »

This Carson lineage is I2b1, Nordic.  It does not connect with the R1b1 lines for many thousands of years back.

C-9, C-11, and C-12 are 37/37 matches and their common ancestor could be just a couple hundred years back, though the paper trail has not yet confirmed who it is.

C-3 and C-34 are 35/37 matches and C-35 is a 34/37 match so their common ancestor could be within a thousand years, but the paper trail has not yet confirmed who it is and likely never will.

It could be useful for 9, 11, and 12 to upgrade to 67 markers to see how close the match is. 

A certified genealogy nut!  :)
jayfredcarsonjr

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »

Steph--From my interpretation of your comment, you seem to be implying that Thomas Carson b1740 could not be from Ireland due to the Nordic I2b1 DNA.  If I am wrong in my assumption of your comments I apologize.

However, Thomas Carson b1740 was definitely born in Ireland and indeed by your record is I2b1.  How is this possible?

Easy -- it is well known recorded history (one source Wikipedia) that the Nordic Vikings invaded, held and established Cities in Northern Ireland at Modern day Ulster and both east and west of Ulster along most of the Northern Coast of Ireland.  This happened around 800 A.D. for unknown reasons the Nordic Vikings decedents left Ireland as large communities around 1025-1050 A.D. 

It is accepted that traditional Irish-Scotch and Nordic Viking peoples in this time period interbreed and some of this mixed blood male Nordic Viking DNA would be in Northern Ireland. 

Take into consideration that Western Surnames are first recorded in the Normans Doomsday Book of 1086 A.D. (Wikipedia) and other Western Nations thereafter.

Nordic DNA would have been established in Northern Ireland PRIOR TO Westerners taken surnames.  This easily explains how Nordic I2b1 can come out of not only Ireland but all the British Territories with Irish, Scotch, English, and Welch Surnames; as the Nordic Vikings were in all these areas and others.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.