World Families Forums - Garland Genealogy Gathering, Spring 2009 in Richmond VA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:53:19 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Garland (Moderator: Steve Garland)
| | | |-+  Garland Genealogy Gathering, Spring 2009 in Richmond VA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Garland Genealogy Gathering, Spring 2009 in Richmond VA  (Read 957 times)
dnta

« on: December 17, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »

To ALL Interested in Garland Genealogy:

We have planned a Garland Genealogy Gathering in Richmond VA for this Spring and hope to have a wonderful turn-out of folks interested in meeting, sharing information, and learning more about the Garland DNA research project that is taking place.  We had a lovely meeting in the Fall and hope to expand our numbers this time around.

DATES: April 23 thru 25 (However only ONE day, Saturday, April 25, will be a formal group gathering.  The rest will be optional.)

OUTLINE OF WEEKEND: 
Thursday, April 23 OPTIONAL:
For those who wish, arrive Thursday evening to have dinner together and get settled in to go researching or etc the following morning.

Friday, April 24 OPTIONAL:
Visit the Library of VA, alone or with the group.  This is a magnificent library! 
Library of VA:  http://www.lva.lib.va.us/
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a GARLAND GROUP ORIENTATION at this library at 9:30 AM Friday morning. They would like to know how many of us will be there once it gets closer. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR PLANS. 

Lunch alone or with the group.

ALSO, on Friday, some of us may want to check out the: VA Historical Society:

Friday Night Dinner: Those in attendance on Friday, as well as those who arrive that same day,  can do supper together.

Satruday, April 25:
This will be the full-day 'formal' gathering.  It will be held at the Holiday Inn Central in the South Hampton meeting room.  This is about 3 miles from downtown.  All in attendance will be asked to chip in to cover the $200 fee for the full day meeting.  Hopefully we'll have a big group and it won't be much per person.  The room will be set up with tables, horseshoe fashion, with a large screen in case folks, like our dear Steve (with DNA charts, etc.) have things to show us.  We will break for lunch together.

Saturday evening: It would be great if some or all would do dinner together this evening as well.

WHERE TO STAY:
I've found a great option for both lodging and the meeting (it also has a good restaurant and a lounge.)

It is the HOLIDAY INN CENTRAL , about 3 miles from downtown.  I was able to secure a great group rate of $79 plus 13% tax, per night.  PLEASE BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, using ONLY the URL link i am providing below (as it will give you our group rate.)  The hotel is aware some folks will come in Thursday, some Friday, and etc.

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, PLEASE GO TO THE GARLAND GATHERING SITE AT:
[http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/cwshome/DPRD-7M9J2E/RICCL]

PLEASE LET ME KNOW your intentions and make your reservations as soon as possible. I (and some others I already know of) will be arriving Thursday afternoon and will stay until after dinner Saturday night or Sunday morning.  We can cancel with no penalties up until 2 weeks in advance.

And keep in mind that if you want a more extensive vacation, Williamsburg/Jamestown is one hour away; Isle of Wight 1.5 hours away; Virginia Beach 1.75 hours away; Washington DC less than 2 hours away; and etc.

PLEASE spread the word to EVERY GARLAND YOU KNOW.  We are hoping to grow our extended family!!  ALL Garlands, and others interested, are welcome!

Thanks!!  I'm excited and hope we have a good turn-out.

Blessings.

Dorothy N Thomas
757-787-1218; 757-710-0965
[dntaweb@verizon.net]

My Line:
William Garland I (1750) m Lydia Cooley
Joseph Garland (abt 1794) m Eliza (Elizabeth) Parrish
William Washington Garland (1823) m Eleanor Ann Rachel Lee
Alexander Napoleon Garland (1858) m Lula Dickinson
William Ernest Garland (1895) m Jewel Burnham
Dorothy Nell Garland (1926) m Harry Christopher Thomas
ME: Dorothy Nell Thomas (1951)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 18 queries.