World Families Forums - Open Letter to Genetic Genealogy Community

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:40:57 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Open Letter to Genetic Genealogy Community
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open Letter to Genetic Genealogy Community  (Read 5018 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »

By the way, one of his current tactics on Rootsweb is to claim there have been all sorts of "false negatives" where U152 is concerned, with the implication being that anyone in Germany or Italy who is P312+ U152- is really U152+. (I know of one such false negative, and it was corrected.)

I'm thinking of writing to Mr. Greenspan of FTDNA about it. If Faux is going to attack the credibility of FTDNA results, then FTDNA ought to have the opportunity to answer.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:14:13 PM by rms2 » Logged

eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »

Here's my post about native Irish names from DNA-Forums, under R1b-U152

http://dna-forums.org/index.php?showtopic=5611

Thanks,  Miles
Well I see your post has stirred up a hornet's nest over there, with threats of deleting posts, etc. Honestly I was hoping for an intelligent discussion instead.

What more was there to discuss? I gave him the Irish names in Ireland and he said that he had been informed by each one that they are English. They are all English, but have no paper trail to England? I gave him the list of Irish names from the "England" list and  he never addressed it. I asked him how his La Tene U152 Celts had overwhelmed Ireland culturally, but had never left a genetc mark, and he didn't address that either.

Who do you know that is allowed to discuss anything with him? He doesn't discuss. He puts forth, and curtails any challenge. Until Forum Administrators stand up to him, there will never be an intelligent discussion.

Thanks,  Miles
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 09:22:18 PM by eochaidh » Logged

Y-DNA: R1b DF23
mtDNA: T2g
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:37 PM »

Thanks,  Miles
Well I see your post has stirred up a hornet's nest over there, with threats of deleting posts, etc. Honestly I was hoping for an intelligent discussion instead.

What more was there to discuss? I gave him the Irish names in Ireland and he said that he had been informed by each one that they are English. They are all English, but have no paper trail to England? I gave him the list of Irish names from the "England" list and  he never addressed it. I asked him how his La Tene U152 Celts had overwhelmed Ireland culturally, but had never left a genetc mark, and he didn't address that either.

Who do you know that is allowed to discuss anything with him? He doesn't discuss. He puts forth, and curtails any challenge. Until Forum Administrators stand up to him, there will never be an intelligent discussion.

Thanks,  Miles

They need to drop him like a hot potato, but they won't.

eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

Of course, the thread was moved to cyberspace, and the evidence of an answered challenge destroyed.

Miles

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »

Of course, the thread was moved to cyberspace, and the evidence of an answered challenge destroyed.

Miles

You should subscribe to Rootsweb: http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/other/DNA/GENEALOGY-DNA.html.

He'll give you the opening to do the same thing there eventually, where he has no mod powers. Or you could start a thread on native Irish U152.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:08:17 PM by rms2 » Logged

vtilroe
Project Coordinator
Old Hand

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »

That person has an agenda in which he has invested a lot of emotion. He is not capable of dispassionate discussion where it is concerned.
Yes.  So much for "professional objectivity".  Anyhoo... let's move on.

Thanks

Vince

YSearch & MitoSearch: 2GXWW

yDNA: R-U106*

mtDNA: U5a1a1 (Genbank# GQ368895)

R-P312-WTY Project Admin http://tinyurl.com/daertg

Nolan Admin - Glenn Allen Nolen
Project Coordinator
Old Hand

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 10:53:22 PM »

"he said that he had been informed by each one that they are English."

There is no opportunity for intelligent discussion with Faux. Donachy is listed under Ireland U152+ in Kerchner's R1b1b2a1b7 R-U152 Project. Donachy did not get there by divine intervention. Donachy placed himself in that database. Faux's behavior is delusional. Always has been always will be. Why this industry tolerated Faux as an expert in this field simply astonishes me.

Glenn Allen Nolen
eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »

You should subscribe to Rootsweb: http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/other/DNA/GENEALOGY-DNA.html.

He'll give you the opening to do the same thing there eventually, where he has no mod powers. Or you could start a thread on native Irish U152.
[/quote]

You know, I've joined twice, and each time I've been buried in emails within an hour. I've gone back trying to find out how I can stop receiving a copy of each post, but to no avail.

Is there a way of joining without getting an email every time someone posts?

Thanks,  Miles

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 12:29:47 PM »

You know, I've joined twice, and each time I've been buried in emails within an hour. I've gone back trying to find out how I can stop receiving a copy of each post, but to no avail.

Is there a way of joining without getting an email every time someone posts?

Thanks,  Miles

You can get it as a digest. I've never done it that way, but I understand it frees up your email and you can pick which posts to look at.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 01:08:54 PM by rms2 » Logged

GoldenHind
Old Hand

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »

Thanks,  Miles
Am I correct that your posts on the subject on that forum have mysteriously disappeared?
vtilroe
Project Coordinator
Old Hand

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:50:36 AM »

Thanks,  Miles
Am I correct that your posts on the subject on that forum have mysteriously disappeared?
Not mysterious at all.  It was an event I had both shock and pleasure of witnessing.  The end result is that most
(I estimate 80%-90%) of that forum's S28/U152 sub-forum's content was deleted by its moderator.  Said moderator now appears to have been relinquished of his responsibility on that forum.  I was notified by one of that forum's administrators that he is not expected to return.

Needless to say, it seems that that particular S28/U152 forum is now in need of a more "moderated" moderator to steer it.

YSearch & MitoSearch: 2GXWW

yDNA: R-U106*

mtDNA: U5a1a1 (Genbank# GQ368895)

R-P312-WTY Project Admin http://tinyurl.com/daertg

Nolan Admin - Glenn Allen Nolen
Project Coordinator
Old Hand

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »

"Said moderator now appears to have been relinquished of his responsibility on that forum.  I was notified by one of that forum's administrators that he is not expected to return."

About  time, if you ask me. If DNA Forums had "relinquished [him] of his responsibility on that forum" in 2007 they would have gained my respect and admiration. As it stands today in 2008, I say to little to late. What a bunch of morons for choosing to stick with Faux and all of his craziness. The genetic genealogy community deserves a very public apology from that forum and its administration. 

GoldenHind
Old Hand

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »

That probably explains why he hasn't posted anything on that forum for a while. I thought it was very odd, as some of the topics under discussion are ones he wouldn't let go by without commenting. If he is indeed gone, I wonder if some of the exiles here might consider returning.
eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

His starting a thread on Christmas Eve about "Rudeness and Disrespect" may have had something to do with his demotion. In this thread he again threatened to have members suspended or banned by the Administrators.  Certainly the Adminstrators must be tired of being used as a club.

Luckily, many of us on the forum were able to turn his thread into a "Merry Christmas" thread. That's the last I've seen of him.

Le gach dea-ghui (With every good wish) Egagggh! Excuse me, something just caught in my throat...

Miles

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.