World Families Forums - The Brand Spanking New R-L21 Plus Project

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2014, 12:30:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  The Brand Spanking New R-L21 Plus Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Brand Spanking New R-L21 Plus Project  (Read 1433 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: November 22, 2008, 08:37:40 PM »

There is a new R-L21 Plus Project from FTDNA. Vince Tilroe is the Group Admin.

Here is the site:

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/R-L21

To join, you must be an FTDNA customer and have either an L21+ result from FTDNA, an S145+ result from Ethnoancestry, or an rs11799226=G result from 23andMe.

M222+ men, although they are also L21+, are encouraged to join the M222 Project rather than this new one.

If you are SRY2627+ (M167+) or U152+, you are L21- and cannot join the R-L21 Plus Project.

If you are L21+, you can join this new project by following these directions:

Click on the little "Join" icon on the left side of the screen from your FTDNA home pages. Then scroll down to the "Search" box. Click on the little drop-down box on the left and change "Equals" to "Contains." Type "L21" (without the quotes) in the Search box and click on Search.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:39:09 PM by rms2 » Logged

vtilroe
Project Coordinator
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:21:15 PM »

This is a reminder to any and all who has received either {a} an L21+ result from FTDNA, {b} an S145+ result from EthnoAncestry, or {c} a "G" (derived) result for rs11799226 from 23andMe, and has a kit with FTDNA, but has not yet joined up with FTDNA's R-L21 Project

• Go to http://www.familytreedna.com/
  • If you do not see your name and kit number at the top right-hand side, log in with your Kit Number and Password.
  • Once you are logged on, right beside your kit number will be a link: MY FTDNA HOME. Click on that to view your personal page.
  • On the left hand side on your personal page is a button labeled Join Projects. Click on that.
  • Under Search by Surname, change "Equals" to "Contains", type L21, and click on SEARCH.
    ** Alternatively, select the R category under Surname Projects
  • R-L21Plus should then show up. Click on it.
  • You should now see a big orange JOIN button. Click on it.
  • Welcome to the project!

Vince Tilroe

R-L21 Project Page: http://tinyurl.com/8gc89r

YSearch & MitoSearch: 2GXWW

yDNA: R-U106*

mtDNA: U5a1a1 (Genbank# GQ368895)

R-P312-WTY Project Admin http://tinyurl.com/daertg

eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »

Thanks for your hard work, Vince.

Miles R-L21+

Y-DNA: R1b DF23
mtDNA: T2g
Oisin

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »

It is good to see another Celtic project up and running.Thats three now and I'm sure there will be a lot more before the year is out.
vtilroe
Project Coordinator
Old Hand

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »

It is good to see another Celtic project up and running.Thats three now and I'm sure there will be a lot more before the year is out.
Well, there's a wee bit o' controversy about the "Celtic" categorization for L21, but it sure does seem to correlate nicely, doesn't it?

Rich is endeavoring to make the Celtic-studies academic community aware of its possible significance.

YSearch & MitoSearch: 2GXWW

yDNA: R-U106*

mtDNA: U5a1a1 (Genbank# GQ368895)

R-P312-WTY Project Admin http://tinyurl.com/daertg

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »

Well, there's a wee bit o' controversy about the "Celtic" categorization for L21, but it sure does seem to correlate nicely, doesn't it?

Rich is endeavoring to make the Celtic-studies academic community aware of its possible significance.

I've written three of the big names, but thus far there is no sign they've listened.

In a way I don't blame them.

Why should they pay any attention to me?

GoldenHind
Old Hand

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 08:37:55 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the controversy is more over identifying all of P312 with the Celts than for L21. However I believe the jury is still out on L21. We know it has a presence in Scandinavia, though not yet how strong a presence. I don't believe we have any idea of what the distribution of L21 to the east is going to be, assuming it is fact to be found there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 19 queries.