World Families Forums - R-P312 (x M153, M222, SRY2627, U152) Map and R-L21* Map

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:37:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  R-P312 (x M153, M222, SRY2627, U152) Map and R-L21* Map
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R-P312 (x M153, M222, SRY2627, U152) Map and R-L21* Map  (Read 2911 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: November 16, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

Here is the R-P312* Map: http://tinyurl.com/6e2yet.

It shows the members of the R-P312 and Subclades Project who are P312+ but negative for everything downstream of it (except L21 for some who have not yet received L21 results). The place mark numbers are in a state of flux due to the arrival of L21+ results.

Here is the R-L21* Map: http://tinyurl.com/5jbxz8.

It shows the members of the R-P312 and Subclades Project and others who are L21+ but negative for everything downstream of it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:21:50 PM by rms2 » Logged

didier

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »

It shows the members of the R-P312 and Subclades Project who are P312+ but negative for everything downstream of it (except L21 for some who have not yet received L21 results). The place mark numbers are in a state of flux due to the arrival of L21+ results.

It shows the members of the R-P312 and Subclades Project and others who are L21+ but negative for everything downstream of it.

Rich,
It's really useful to make (and maintain) these maps. I am not aware of how you do that but if the "balloons" were, say, a third of their present size, it would be much better I believe.
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »

Rich,
It's really useful to make (and maintain) these maps. I am not aware of how you do that but if the "balloons" were, say, a third of their present size, it would be much better I believe.

I agree. I'll see if that can't be done.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:32:25 PM »

I can't see a way to make the place marks smaller except by enlarging the map. When one does that, they get a lot smaller.

GoldenHind
Old Hand

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »

Am I correct that the asterisk designation for this map is actually something of a misnomer in that they have not all tested negative for L21?
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »

Am I correct that the asterisk designation for this map is actually something of a misnomer in that they have not all tested negative for L21?

Yes, if you are speaking about the R-P312* Map.

I've been trying to think of what I am going to do about that, not only with regard to the map, but also with regard to the R-P312 and Subclades Project.

I've got a whole bunch of guys in what are supposed to be "R-P312*" categories who have no L21 results yet. Many of them have ordered L21, but not all.

I think around the end of January, after more L21 results have come in, I am going to have to boot some folks back into the "Unassigned Members" category until they get "tested up."

With regard to the R-P312* Map, taht is another matter, and a more labor-intensive one. I don't want to remove people; it was a lot of working adding them to the map. What I will probably do is note each entry's L21 status, like this: L21- or "L21 pending."

Actually, L21 has complicated my life enormously, not that I am totally unhappy about it. But we only had a few months with P312 (just since March) and - bam! - a new downstream SNP comes along.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »

Okay, I have updated my R-P312* Map (see the link in my signature below).

The purple balloons with the dot represent the true R-P312* guys, that is, those who are L21-. You can read the color code on the left for the rest.

I also fixed the numbers, although i don't think that will last long, as more L21 results roll in.

Notice that there are a lot of L21 results pending.

GoldenHind
Old Hand

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »

Great work. It is very helpful, I think, to see the distribution of those who have tested L21-. My original thought was merely along the lines of removing the asterisk from the map description to avoid confusion, but this is much better.
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »

Great work. It is very helpful, I think, to see the distribution of those who have tested L21-. My original thought was merely along the lines of removing the asterisk from the map description to avoid confusion, but this is much better.

Thanks.

In the next couple of months I expect more purple balloons to appear, while eventually light blue and other balloons will disappear to reappear on the R-L21* Map.

There are a few L21- guys waiting in the "Unassigned Members" category right now. Once they get the rest of their Deep Clade-R stuff, if they are R-P312*, they will be awarded the Order of the Purple Balloon.

Of course, I am hoping for a substantial R-L21* presence on the Continent, not that it matters, but you can guess why.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »

I plan to go through and make a note in the map windows of all those on the R-P312* Map who belong to the "R1b North-South" cluster that was recently re-identified (after having been originally identified by Ken Nordtvedt).

I'm not ambitious (or silly) enough to try to do that for all the other various and sundry clusters, though! Yikes!

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »

I plan to go through and make a note in the map windows of all those on the R-P312* Map who belong to the "R1b North-South" cluster that was recently re-identified (after having been originally identified by Ken Nordtvedt).

I'm not ambitious (or silly) enough to try to do that for all the other various and sundry clusters, though! Yikes!

Okay, I did it. If I missed anyone, maybe I'll catch it later or they will let me know.

Some of the R1b N-S people are already L21-, but some are still awaiting L21 results.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.