World Families Forums - McClendon/McLinden Y-DNA Match

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:45:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClendon (Moderator: Mary Lee Becker)
| | | |-+  McClendon/McLinden Y-DNA Match
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: McClendon/McLinden Y-DNA Match  (Read 1355 times)
Mary Lee Becker
Old Hand

« on: November 07, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »

We have the 37 marker test results back for M-20 Hugh McLinden, b. c. 1815 Ireland, and they match the McClendons/McLendons:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/mcclendon/results
We are seeing a couple of mutations, one on DYS #570 and CDY b, exactly as would be expected, if this family separated prior to 1700 AD.
It appears that the McAlindens/McLindens of Northern Ireland are definitely the cousins of the McClendons/McLendons of America.
This almost certainly shows that the McClendons/McLendons of the Southern U.S. are descendants of the ancient Mac Giolla Fhiondain, and Oriel Sept of Ireland.
The descendants of Hugh McLinden have also joined our Oriel Septs of Ireland DNA Project. All McClendons/McLendons are eligible to join he Oriel Project, in addition to the McClendon DNA Project.
Please contact me, if you have any questions.

Mary (McClendon) Becker
  Group Admin.
  McClendon DNA Project
  Oriel Septs of Ireland DNA project
  mary.becker AT sbcglobal.net

Fionnghal

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »

hi Mary Lee
We have only one known male McLinden left of all Michael's descendants.  He's in his 60s and i had asked him if he'd not be tempted to have his DNA analysed, but he was reluctant to fork out that cost.  He's a pensioner, not keeping well, and it would have been quite a chunk of money for him to find. 

I suspect another descendent, William John McLinden b.26 July 1877 Ca, who lived for a while in Devon England, may have returned to Canada but don't know if he had any male heirs.   Frustrating.  I would love to have known what our DNA signature and Haploid groups were  :-( 

However, I take heart from the DNA return you have got.  Maybe we're linked :-)

le durachd  :-)
Fionnghal in wintery Scotland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.