World Families Forums - Hernandez and Canary Islands

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hernandez (Moderator: hernandezAdmin)
| | | |-+  Hernandez and Canary Islands
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hernandez and Canary Islands  (Read 1427 times)
Alex Hernandez

« on: September 03, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »

My great great grandfather came from the Canary Islands and I was wondering if there were other Hernandez/Canary Islanders out there with the Y haplogroup I.

Let me know cause I'd love to hear from you.
caribeazul

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

My great great grandfather came from the Island of Fuerteventura, Canary Islands. His name was Tomas Hernandez- Del Castillo b. 1810. His parents were Pedro Hernandez-Mesa and Teresa Del Castillo-Cordova. He came to the town of Camuy, PR and married Francisca Perez-Barreto. One of his daughters, Eusebia Hernandez-Perez , married Rafael Caceres-Martinez and one of their sons, Primo Caceres-Hernandez b. 1892, married his cousin Rosa Estrella Caceres -b.1899. Primo and Rosa are my granparents.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:50:01 PM by caribeazul » Logged
Mark Swanson

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »

My mother's grandfather, Marcos Hernandez, came from the island of Tenerife, Canary Islands, to Pinar del Rio, Cuba in the 1800's. I'm still looking for a male line to get the Y-DNA but I have been trying to do family research in Cuba and the Canary Islands and have gotten nowhere. I would love to hear from anyone who has done successful research in these places. (PS - My wife's family comes from Matanzas, Cuba with the surnames Rodriguez, Delgado and Bustamante.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.