World Families Forums - Denis Nolan Cork/Kerry 1940's

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'N'
| | |-+  Nolan (Moderator: Nolan Admin - Glenn Allen Nolen)
| | | |-+  Denis Nolan Cork/Kerry 1940's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Denis Nolan Cork/Kerry 1940's  (Read 1925 times)
mikechristopher

« on: August 20, 2008, 10:17:52 AM »

Im trying to find more information on my grandfather and relevant family - unfortunately he died when my dad was approximately 4 years of age between 1943 and 1948.  It stated on my dads (Michael Nolan) birth certificate he was from Knockawaddera which only reference was in SW Cork but only place now that still exists is spelt Knockawaddra.  He was a labourer and is known that he hung himself.  It is said he was only young when he killed himself probably between the ages of 20 and 30.

He married my Nan Margaret O'Connor who was originally from Gneevguilla - marriage date unknown.  My Dad was born in Meenganaire, Knocknagoshel (closest big town was CastleIsland) along with my uncle John.  It states however that the births and deaths registry that is on the Certificate is Killarney number 453 With WM Prendiville being the registrar.

It is known he had a brother Andy or Andrew Nolan who had a daughter Jane who is now living in the USA - am currently trying to get a copy of her birth certificate to trace her parents and possibly work back from that.

My Nan - Margaret Nolan then went on to marry a Jeremiah Cremins after that - anywhere after the death of my grandfather and had approximately another 6 children.  They lived in Meenganaire with his death in approximately 1992, she died now only 2 years ago at the age of 93.

Unfortunately that is all the information I have as my nan did not like to recall any stories of my grandfather and didnt really remember much information.  If anyone could help me retrace I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Mike Nolan.
Nolan Admin - Glenn Allen Nolen
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:15:28 AM »

You might try Ireland Census records at http://www.censusfinder.com/ireland.htm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.