World Families Forums - Neese Family Ancestry

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 12:13:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'N'
| | |-+  Neese Family Ancestry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neese Family Ancestry  (Read 1919 times)
sjneese

« on: January 04, 2008, 12:53:56 AM »

I am searching for the ancestry of EMMITT EDWARD NEESE (c1872 AL - 1925 FL), m. IDA ELIZABETH RUTHERFORD (1885 FL - 1921 FL). His death certificate lists his father's name as GEORGE NEESE from South Carolina, and the name of his mother is illegible on the death certificate, but the first name could begin with an "L" and the last with an "M,"  and her birthplace is listed as Alabama.

Emmitt's last name has been spelled in various ways:  NEESE, NEECE, NEASE, NEACE, and misspelled in several different ways on census records as well (Nesse, Nuse), but Emmitt signed his name "NEESE" and Ida's family bible lists it as NEESE as well. The 1920 census is the only census where we are sure we have the correct "Emmitt," even though his first and last names are both misspelled. He is listed there with his wife Ida and son, Clarence, my husband's grandfather.  The 1920 census lists his father's birthplace as South Carolina and his mother's as Alabama, which fits with the information from the death certificate.  I have not been able to find any census record that lists Emmitt with his parents and/or siblings.  The earliest census he could have appeared on would be 1880, and then the 1900.  I may have found him on a 1910 census, but have no way of being certain of it.

I am hoping someone out there has more information on the Neese family line which will help me identify Emmitt's parentage.  I am more than willling to share any information I have as well.  Thank you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.