This page will contain information on the family of Jane Fullerton, who married Sea Capt. James McVea.
[Note: See related posting on this forum for Sea Capts. James and Charles McVea and the smack 'Isabella' of Kircubbin]
From Lena McVea: "The Fullertons were Captains and sailors...they lived on the main road between Portavogie and Glastry... The address was Ballyfrench, Portavogie...I know that these Fullerton Graves are in Ballyhalbert Old Graveyard."
1. Valentine Fullerton, b. 1781, d. 28 Nov 1865, m. Jane McClement, b. 16 Mar 1776, d. 10 Dec 1851.
Note: Jane was the daughter of Thomas McClement of Co. Down.
2. Jane Fullerton, b. (?), d. (?), m. Sea Capt. James McVea*
2. John Fullerton, b. 1808, d. 26 Aug 1833.
2. Robert Fullerton, b. (?), d. 12 Jul 1898
2. Valentine Fullerton, b. (?), d. 22 Feb 1894
*Note: Sea Capt. James McVea, after the death of his wife Jane in 1877, married in 1881 his 2nd wife, Mary McClymont, in Douglas, Allegan Co., Michigan.
Ards Peninsula Families DNA Projecthttp://www.familytreedna.com/public/ardsdnaproject/default.aspx