World Families Forums - Jacob Yates

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2016, 10:56:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'Y'
| | |-+  Yates (Moderator: Wm Craig Laurence)
| | | |-+  Jacob Yates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jacob Yates  (Read 285 times)
CMFitz

« on: September 29, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »

Hello Yates People.  I am a descendant of the Yates.  But, mine must have been the red-headed ogre headed line because I can find next to NOTHING on mine.

Working most recent backward.

My maternal 2nd great grandmother Elizabeth A Yates born July 1852 Milwaukee, Wisconsin daughter of Jacob Yates b. 1815ish and Sarah Jane Horner.

Jacob. Ugh.  Well, he can have a year of birth anywhere between 1815 - 1819.  Supposedly immigrated to the US in 1842.  Possible parents Benjamin Yates and Betty Ramsdale.  Literally, nothing I locate for him can be convincingly proven.

Further on Jacob. Bit of a cradle too it seems. His wife Sarah Jane Horner was born 1835 and they had a load of kids.  But with Jacob not coming to the US until he was in his late 20s can't help but think he may have had a wife a children he may have left behind in England, or maybe lost them?

Point being all the research I do on Yates (also search Yeats, Yeates and Gates) there is NO Jacob.  If anyone who sees this has 1 or knows of a line with 1 please contact me here or my regular email cmm18717 AT Yahoo dot com.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.