World Families Forums - Shaw, Aaron

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 10:48:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  SHAW (Moderator: Kathleen Shaw Decker)
| | | |-+  Shaw, Aaron
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shaw, Aaron  (Read 1817 times)
Tinker

« on: May 01, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »

[I am looking for ancesters of Aaron Shaw
clarabell

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »

My aunt Jane Shaw told me had relatives down in Va. & I though she said around Roanoke.  My Shaw family which are my g.g. grandparents are James b.1834 & Cathrine b. 1842 came from Kilkenny, Ireland ( so I have been told) settled in Pittsburg,Pa.in the 1860's.Their 2 sons James & John were b. Ire.
 I do not know where the son James went. I last located him on the 1880 census he was in Pitts. age 20 occupation blacksmith.
My g. grandfather was John Shaw b.1862 Ire. d. Pitts.1933.& my g. grandmother was Elizabeth Brown b.1866 Eng.d.1918. He may have remarried after she died.
My grandfather was James Aloysisus Shaw b.1893 Pitts.,Pa..  He played baseball professionally, a pitcher, & he settled in Arlington,Va. I have been unable to trace his brother John H. after 1920.  His sister Lillian lived in Chicago m.T.Hamilton. Elinore was another sibling, can not locate her.
Paul H. Shaw

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:15:28 AM »

Has any male member of your family done the Y-DNA 67 marker testing? As your Shaw ancestor was from Kilkenny, Ireland, it would be interesting to see the results. My Shaw ancestry has just tested as having an Irish heritage, yet the haplogroup and sub-clade we are in, the Irish Type 4, does not list any Shaw surnames. It makes me wonder if we are merely missing in their testing, and if possibly your lineage and mine are genetically connected in Ireland.
Paul H. Shaw
Kit number 242499.
Paul H. Shaw

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »

Clarabell,
My maternal grandmother was a Shaw from the Mecklenburg county, Lunenburg county area. They had family along the North Carolina border with Virginia, many decades ago. I have only a little information on them, and have made no connection with that family and my paternal family (my surname) of Shaw's who were from Massachusetts and, earlier, England and Ireland. If you find any of your Shaw connections from the Lunenburg County area of Virginia, I'll be happy to give you what little I've found.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.