World Families Forums - Different Haplotypes

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 04:04:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Fields (Moderator: Joe L. Fields)
| | | |-+  Different Haplotypes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Different Haplotypes  (Read 1351 times)
jfields

« on: April 18, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »

We show J, I, R and E haplotypes.  How can this group help locate our ancestors?
jfields

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »

Our lineages are posted here.  Anyone noting research that might be important to another Fields can send an email.  We are now 25 watching each individual family and possibly contributing to each family rather than isolated individuals doing our own research.

Second we can concentrate on those families that are of the same haplotype as ourselves.  For example EA Field and Abraham Field, both J2e1 appear closely matched.  By joining together they can trace their families back through time.  They may be related to two famous Fields men, Joseph and Ruben Field who were on the Lewis & Clark Expedition.  1803-1806, if memory serves, they journeyed from St. Louis to the Washington State Coast, exploring the great northwest.  Many libraries have the personal journal of Lewis in book form and it is excellent reading, describing day to day adventures.

Also there are several R haplotypes, E haplotypes and I haplotypes that can join in their research.

Now after all of the above, we may be closer related than we realize.  Our mothers and grandmothers, etc are not part of this research---only the Y chromosome.  As an example, during one of the Crusades to the holyland a knight named Baldwin, with a daughter and no male heir was the King of Jerusalem.  He wanted his daughter to rule as Queen so he looked about and selected a nobleman knight of importance---An Earl of Anjou in France.  He married his daughter to Fulke V, Earl of Anjou and made Fulke King of Jerusalem.  If Fulke had not had a title, he might have been offered this deal.  Marry my daughter, take my last name and I will make you King, etc.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.