World Families Forums - Townshend/Hornsby DNA compare project

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 26, 2014, 08:30:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Townsend (Moderator: Lewis Townsend)
| | | |-+  Townshend/Hornsby DNA compare project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Townshend/Hornsby DNA compare project  (Read 1208 times)
noj1

« on: April 09, 2008, 04:06:11 PM »

I would welcome contact with Townshends who have their DNA Haplo Group.

Reason:  I am a Hornsby of a group who came into England c970 with Danish Vikings.   I now possess my Y/DNA Haplo group and we now see the results do not tally with Hornsbys but with Townshends who were either in England at that period with Anglo Saxon groups (as one Townshend informs me) or came with the same incoming Danes and intermarried.
I had prfeviously traced my Hornsbys to their Danish roots in their homeland.
My DNA Administrator reckons my Townshend tie up cld go way back to 3000BC (Eurasian Steppes) or even before. 
The post 970AD surname acquisditions systems in England have onbviously diverted the core blood line thread of the joint parent tribe (I suggest).
Wld welcome discussion.  JH
lewtown

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »

Thanks for your message.  I'd be happy to compare Y DNA results with you.  Townsends fall into a number of family groups.  Results can be seen at http://townsend.dnafamilies.net/results_page.php#matched  if you have an FTDNA result please give me the name of the person with matching results.

Thanks

Lew

lewtown@erols.com
noj1

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:59 PM »

Currently back at desk.  Will deal with your query promptly.  John
noj1

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:51 PM »

Current contact:  J.Michael Townsend relates to James Townsend b1754 Somerset. MD. 
noj1

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »

I match with current Michael and past James Townsend b 1754 Somerset MD: exact on 12 markers, 98% on 37 markers.  R1a.   From surname point of view:
As I live and born in UK how inter contact ws made with Hornsby line cld be at any period from c120/360 years and/or prior contact with suggested incoming of Danish (Viking) Hornsby group at say 950AD on.   I am about to DNA test another direct Hornsby to compare mine and Michael's 12/25 and 37.
Gonna be interesting ....!   Watch this space!  JH (and/or T)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.