World Families Forums - to Carrie

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 09:26:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  to Carrie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: to Carrie  (Read 2384 times)
Ben E Norfleet
Project Coordinator

« on: April 05, 2008, 12:15:13 PM »

Carrie, I am about to have more pedigrees sent in; wanting to show them to the first immigrant known. However I would like to have the names of idividual members be listed by their line name. Is this ok to do. I have learned how to get to the site with sitebuilder, but have not learned how to make changes on the RESULT page ,i.e. using the copy and paste directions. I might do the names on the chart if that is o.k.

Ben Norfleet
admin Norfleet project
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:17:22 PM »

Hi Ben.  Carrie is off for the weekend.   And - she may or may not pick up this posting, as she frequents the Pedigree Forum.  So - I am answering on her behalf.

If you are comfortable posting pedigrees on the Patriarch page (through SiteBuilder), you can set the pedigrees and supporting info as you see fit.  When we do them, we typically put the researcher and researcher's email address on the same line as the earliest ancestor on the Patriarch page.  Is this what you are meaning?  If not, please clarify. 

On the Results page, we can continue posting Results and you can go in through SiteBuilder and add the Earliest Known Ancestors (we like for the admin to do that)

Terry 
Ben E Norfleet
Project Coordinator

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »

Carrie, Terry was a great help: when we are ready to have the pedigrees sent in and for any changes, I will contact you. For now will await the arrival of the last y- DNA reports.
Ben E Norfleet
Project Coordinator

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »

Carrie
All Y-DNA reports are in ; we begin more pedigree recording.

If I use sitebuilder and change the names in RESULTS will that interfere with the pedigrees? That is , I want to maintain the pedigree, but change the RESULT name given to three of them by you when we sent the pedigree information for posting.
Ben
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »

Hi Ben.  This is Terry. 

No problem in your editting the names (haplogroups, etc) in the Results page to tie better with Pedigrees.

Are you now posting pedigrees on the Patriarch page (from the Pedigree Forum)?  If you are, we need to recode the project so that we don't jump in front of you.
Ben E Norfleet
Project Coordinator

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

Thanks Terry, I will try my hand at using sitebuilder.

As per instructions, I will post pedigrees at "our Pedigree Forum". This may be a slow process since two or three need help in getting their pedigree expanded with info I have for them.
Thanks, Ben
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »

My real question is whether you'll be taking pedigrees from the Pedigree Forum and placing them on the Patriarch page or whether you are expecting us to do that.

Terry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.