Conn 'Baccach ' O'Neill 1st Earl of Tyrone had a illegitimate son with Alison Kelly (The wife of the Blacksmith of Dundalk)
Matthew " feardorcha" O'Neill 1st Lord Of Dugannon married Joan Maguire
1. Brian O'Neill
2. Sir. Cormac O'Neill father of Conn O'Neill father of Hugh Oge O'Neill and Brian O'Neill
3. Aodh "Hugh" O'Neill = Catherine Mageniss of Co. Down
a. Hugh O'Neill
b. Colonel Henry O'Neill (Served in the Spanish Army).
c. General John "Conde de Tyrone" O'Neill.
d. Bryan O'Neill strangled by a English agent in Brussels 1617.
4. Sir. Art McBarron O'Neill.
a. Art oge O'Neill father of
Hugh Dudh O'Neill , Governor of Limerick.
b. Conn O'Neill
Father of Brian O'Neill and Daniel O'Neill.
c. Owen Roe O'Neill = Rose O' Dogherty
a. Henry Roe O'Neill who married Elenor Fitzgerald
Parents of Hugh O'Neill
b. Brian Roe O'Neill father of
Owen O'Neill , Earl of Tyrone
c. Conn O'Neill father of
Colonel Owen O'Neill ( Served in the French Army).
Luaghadh (Lewis) O'Neill ( Served in the French Army).
d. John O'Neill ( Became a priest).
The question has always been was Feardorcha O'Neill a Kelly or a O'Neill and the true son of Conn Bacchach O’Neill. The Descendants of Feardorcha should be in France , the Caribbean, Netherlands and a possibility Co. Limerick, Ireland. There seems to be a strong connection among the Norman Fitzgerald’s and the O'Neill’s of Ulster.
Con Mor O'Neill d. 1493 was married to Elinor Fitzgerald they became the parents to Conn 'Baccach' O'Neill 1480- 1559 , 1st Earl of Tyrone, he was the grandson of Thomas Fitzgerald , 7th earl of Kildare. Conn 'Baccach' O'Neill married Alice Fitzgerald daughter of Gerald Fitzgerald , 8th Earl of Kildare. One of the most powerful Norman Lords of Ireland.
The O’Neill’s of the Fews.
In my research for my own family these O’Neill’s that many Irish and American Genealogist have not found . With help from the Spanish Archives and other various sources. I have found these men. Most have a strong military and naval background anyone believes or finds one of these men has part of their ancestors in any family Genealogical records . I would strongly suggest a Y-DNA test.
1. Michael O'Neill b. 1830 d. 1916 married Anne Finegan. Michael had older brothers who settled in Annacinda , Montana, USA.
2. Peter O’Neill b. 1897 married Rosetta Monaghan. (brothers Owen, Patrick, Hugh and Edward ).
3. Patrick O’Neill b. 1931 married Margaret Teresa Quinn.
4. Henry Felix Juan O’Neill b. 1845 in Paris , France.
5. Tulio , Felix, Mario and Pepe O’Neill all settled in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Sons of Captain General Felix O’Neill.
6. Colonel Jose O’Neill of the Irish Regiments in Spain.
7. Coronel Terence (Terencio) O’Neill b. 09.03.1759 eldest son Lt. Gen. Felix O’Neill.
8. Captain Brian O’Neill lived in France in the 1690s later fought in the Spanish Regiments.
9. Francis O’Neill married a Margaret? is believed to have had a large family.
10. Capt. General Juan O’Neill b. 1765 married Vicenta Gual y Vives de Cannanas.
11. Lt. General Brian O’Neill served many years with Owen Roe O’Neill in Flanders.
12. Col. Art Og b. 1622 d. 1663 married Leonora O'Moore . Fought in the 1640s rebellion. Colonel in the Regiments of Tyrone. Knight of Calatrava in 1622.
13. Domhnall O’Neill of Turroughlish sons Henry, Niall Og and Brian O’Neill father of Capt. Tirlough O’Neill in the Spanish Army.
14. Hugh O’Neill b. 1861 d. 1939 .
15. Hugh O’Neill d. 1845 married Sara Connolly descendants may still live or have origins in Co. Louth & Co. Armagh.
16. Brian & John O’Neill both married two cousins of Maguire , of Fermanagh. The descendants of these two men may still live in Brazil or France.
17. Thomas O’Neill who fought in the Spanish Netherlands. His descendants may still be in the Islands of Providencia & Santa Catalina in Colombia. In 1789 he was appointed Governor of Cartagena.
18. Enrique O’Neill of Tenerife , Canary Islands. Sub Liet. in 03.08.1796. Served in the Regimento de Infanteria Fixo de Cartagena de Indias.
19. The Leeward Islands lie East of Puerto Rico . Many O’Neill’s may still in the Islands of St. Nevitts, St. Kitts, Tortola, Anguilla, Martinique and many other Islandsin the Caribbean for 200 years the descendants of the Earl of Tyrone lived in the Island of Martinique.
20. Carlos Eugenio O’Neill Served in the Spanish Regiments his descendants may live among the various islands of the Caribbean. The Island of Granada is a possible strong choice.