World Families Forums - DNA Test Results and Muddy Lines

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 28, 2014, 11:44:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Parish (Moderator: Stephen Parrish)
| | | |-+  DNA Test Results and Muddy Lines
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DNA Test Results and Muddy Lines  (Read 3595 times)
SusannaParrish

« on: March 16, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »

Hi

I am hoping that maybe we can help each other. My brother's DNA test is P-5.  We match with Maggie's Father who is P-9.  Our line is from Abraham Parrish who was last found in Monroe County, IN in 1850.  He may also be listed in 1860 in Owen County, IN?  Monroe County, IN in the 1840's is where my Parish/Parrish and Baldwin/Boldon lines are centered.  I am sure that this is the right Abraham for us.

Several researchers place Abraham on the line of Edward Parrish born 1640, VA and died 1680 in Anne Arundel County, MD. We do not think this is correct for "our" Abraham.  But, this would also add us to the Edward list of DNA testing without matching....

P-11 and P-12  have Edward as a  descendant.  P-11 and P-12 share no common ancestor. In an email I recieved today, it stated that either one or none of them would belong to Edward.

To make it short P-11 and P-12 can not both claim Edward?  Researchers who have submitted Abraham Lincoln Parrish to Edward, are incorrect if either P-11 or P-12 is correct.  Confusing, yes, but with the DNA tests we should be able to sort them out.

We may all need to come together and look at each of our lines?  There are obvious "major" errors.  Unraveling these lines will help establish the correct ones.

I am also trying to sort out the 1810 Goochland Census that lists: Humphrey, George, David M., Sherrard, John, William, Aaron, Allen, James and Sherrard.

Trying to locate my line-does anyone know much about the Monroe County/Owen County, IN Parish/Parrish lines?  I am interested in in 1840 census records for Monroe County, IN that lists: Abraham, David, Fleming and Eli.

Any and all input is greatly desired.  More recruiting and sharing is a major need for all of us.

My regular email address is boldonparrish@yahoo.com

Thanks
Susanna

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:06:47 PM by SusannaParrish » Logged
ker8

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:50:38 PM »

I'm descended from Joshua Parrish (b. 1770, d. 1840), like James Rosenbaum, and our dna matches (minus 1 marker out of 32 I believe) P-12.  The only thing I can say, is that if all three lines have a documented link to Edward (P-12 does as far as I know, however our Joshua does not, his father, etc, are a complete mystery), non-paternity events must have occurred at some point.  I know none of us would like to think like that, but it is a possibility.  Going back far enough, it's even possible informal adoptions could have occurred, from other family members who may not have the same y-dna, and that information could have been lost over time.  A good way to test our theories though, would be to have 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc cousins tested as well to see if their y-dna matches.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 18 queries.