World Families Forums - Help! Seeking a male Hodges/Hodge to represent my family in DNA project

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 10:00:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hodges (Moderator: Ronald Hodges)
| | | |-+  Help! Seeking a male Hodges/Hodge to represent my family in DNA project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help! Seeking a male Hodges/Hodge to represent my family in DNA project  (Read 2151 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »

This Topic has been established specifically to focus on the search families make to find a male descendant of their Hodges or Hodge ancestors.  Please be specific about who your earliest known Hodges (or Hodge) ancestor is and whatever you know about your family.   It's also a good idea to define any sponsorship funds that you can provide to help with the cost of testing and other specifics that might help with your search.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:30:19 PM by terry » Logged
PaulReidYoung

Paul (Hodges) Young

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »

Hello:
I have been ydna tested. My Haplogroup is R1b1, User NBZ8B. My gr-gr Grandfather was Armistead Hodges, b, 1819 in Franklin Co., Va. He married Nancy Leffew, b. 1822 in Franklin Co., Va 25 Jan 1842 (Surety: Joseph Hodges). I believe Armistead's father to be William Hodges Sr., who married Amey Hall 16 Mar 1796 (surety William Hall). I have not been able to confirm this. My Great Grandmother was Permelia aka Amelia, Milly Hodges, b. 1848 who married James Hodges, b. 1839. Amelia is the daughter of Armistead Hodges, James is the son of William Hodges, b. 1814. James and Amelia's daughter, Sallie Lee Hodges, b. 1876, was my Grandmother.

Seeking Hodges-Easter connection in Franklin Co., VA. My earliest known Hodges ancestor: William Hodges, Sr. Married to Amey Hall 16 March 1796, Believe one of William Hodges' son is Armistead Hodges, b. 1819 & Married Nancy Leffew, b. 1822 (Married 25 Jan 1842, Franklin Co., VA)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 18 queries.