World Families Forums - Message Board

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:55:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'E'
| | |-+  Exley (Moderator: Vincent Exley)
| | | |-+  Message Board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message Board  (Read 1123 times)
Vince Exley

« on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »

Tracy's comment regarding the "lonely" Exley message board is acknowledged and appreciated.  There is the old proverb that a 1,000 mile journey begins with a single step.  Tracy took the first step.  Hopefully, others will also take steps in sharing information and commenting on our various Exley genealogical lines.  Your participation and comments are welcomed.

Vince Exley
Exley Project Adm
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:27:01 PM by Vince Exley » Logged
Ernest

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »

Vince, I think you almost have to discuss DNA because there is quite a difference on just these few Exleys. Most of the matches for August are from Lanc. England. Which indicates to me that many of the Exleys/Oechle etc. and associated families were Saxons. The R1B1 puzzles me.
Vincent Exley

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »

Thank you, Ernest, for your comment and observation regarding many of the Oechsle/ Exley families originating in England and coming to England with the Saxons.  The R1b1 haplogroup, while predominant in England, is also present all over Europe and most definitely in Germany.  The test results for one family of German origin, the Bowers/ Bauer family, has a large number in this haplogroup, in fact, I think, most of the members in the Bowers project that have tested are in the R1b1 group.

Click:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/b/bowers/results.html

Your statement that some conclusions are in order on the Discussion page is noted, and perhaps it is time to make a few preliminary comments on the Exley test results thus far.  However, before meaningful conclusions can be made, far more data is needed.  Your comments are received with appreciation.  Vince Exley

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:46:44 PM by ExleyAdmin » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.