World Families Forums - Caribbean Surname Index...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:46:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Caribbean Surname Index...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caribbean Surname Index...  (Read 1313 times)
James Lynch

« on: February 03, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

Hi...

I created and administer the Caribbean Surname Index
http://www.candoo.com/surnames/index.php
for Caribbean interests all over the world who are not only scouring books and census but are hoping for connections from disconnected branches of their families. There are registered members from most countries over the entire globe.

There is NO CHARGE for registration or use of this Index... it is FREE, and I have no intention of ever charging a fee for its use.

This is basically Discussion Forum software whose code has been re-programmed (by me) NOT to show any email addresses for any reason - contact is solely by public Post or by Private Message (PM). I started this Index as many as 10 years ago as plain-text web pages, but many people who listed themselves changed their email addresses - and were no longer reachable - due to receiving large amounts of SPAM from their addresses being publicly available.

So I changed the format. After passing through several stages of automated and semi-automated registration, that function is now screened and implemented ONLY by myself, manually, and I have not had a single problem with SPAM since I started.

This Index has become very popular - at this point it has a total of 1564 Posts from 577 registered users - and is doing very good work... I check the Index daily for any SPAM or SPAMmer who may have slipped past my safeguards, and almost daily I see responses to posts which occasionally turn into a flood of exchanged information and the joy of discovery.

Further, the Index has the same notification feature as the Discussion Forum software - it sends email alerts to registered users when there is either a PM or Reply to their Post waiting to be seen. So it is not necessary to constantly check the Index for PMs or responses - the Board itself reaches out to its registered users.

I accept registrations through my form here...
http://www.candoo.com/registration/index.html
but anyone wishing to join the Index should take the time to read the conditions, one of which is that at least one Post MUST be made within one calendar month of registration, or the registration is removed, no exceptions... procrastination will not be encouraged here!!

Looking forward to serving you...

Jim Lynch
http://www.candoo.com/contactform/index.html
(Contact form for SPAM avoidance)
Miles Hispaniae

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

When will there be a West Indies or Caribbean DNA Project?
I joined your a few months ago today i try login in at your Caribbean Surname Index and account does do not seem to proccess. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:59:21 AM by Miles Hispaniae » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 17 queries.