World Families Forums - Dutch Putman [Pootman] YDNA AS10 or ASGen?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 29, 2014, 08:17:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Putnam (Moderator: Sterling Putman)
| | | |-+  Dutch Putman [Pootman] YDNA AS10 or ASGen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dutch Putman [Pootman] YDNA AS10 or ASGen?  (Read 1228 times)
Mark R Putnam

« on: January 10, 2009, 12:10:11 AM »

There is a Haplo-I Subclave Predictor on the internet that generates the subgroup or subclave to which one belongs if you are of the Haplo-group I. 

At 37 markers, which is where I am at currently in the testing process, the "Predictor" shows that there is a 80% chance that I am AS10 or Anglo-Saxon of Type 10.  Another Dutch Putman [Putnam or Pootman] has had his YDNA tested to 67 markers.  He is 1 marker different than my YDNA at 37 markers.  Putting his 67 markers into the Predictor shows a 60% chance that we are ASGen, or Anglo-Saxon , and a 10% chance that we are AS10.

To narrow down the ancestry of your line, a 67 marker test is the best!  I now feel that we are really ASGen and not AS10.

I have Googled the history of the Germanic People of the Netherlands and Belgium and have found that that area was once inhabited by the Batavii, Chattii, and Salii tribes in Roman times.  The Batavi were once part of the Chattii.  Perhaps, the Pootman family today known as the Putman and Putnam families of Dutch descent are descendants of one of these tribes, which became known generally as the Salian Franks.  Some of the Salian Franks later moved into France, which obtained its name from the tribe.

It's a very good idea to have a 67 marker test done, which I hope to upgrade to in the near future!

Mark R. Putnam
Mark R Putnam

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:12:33 AM »

ASGen stands for Anglo-Saxon !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.