World Families Forums - Prestons in Central Kentucky

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 10:24:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Preston (Moderator: PrestonAdmin)
| | | |-+  Prestons in Central Kentucky
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prestons in Central Kentucky  (Read 1491 times)
Angie Preston
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:57:53 PM »

We only have a few Prestons in the DNA Project right now.  As more Prestons join the DNA Project, the database will be more useful to us Preston researchers.

P-1 and P-3 matched on 24/25 markers with the mismatch being at marker #458.  As best I can tell, P-1 and P-3 do share a common ancestor in the past 4-24 generations.

P-1 descends from a John Preston b. c. 1800.  This John Preston is believed to have been the son of John Preston and Phebe Adams who were married 1797 in Lincoln County, Kentucky.

P-3 descends from Jilson Preston b. c. 1780-1790 d. c. 1842 in Jessamine County, Kentucky. This Jilson Preston is believed to have been the son of John Preston who d. c. 1823 in Jessamine County, Kentucky.  In 1802 & 1804, Jilson Preston is mentioned in land records in Pulaski County, Kentucky.  John Preston is mentioned as the father of said Preston.  Evidently, Jilson Preston must have been under 21 years of age in 1802 & 1804.  Who is this John Preston's father and where did he come from?  The 1850 census reveal that several of the older Prestons in Central and South Central Kentucky b. before 1790 were born in Virginia.  We have been unsuccessful in linking the Central Kentucky Prestons to any line of Prestons in Virginia.  Some family stories tell that these Prestons came from Ireland.  Other family stories tell that these Prestons came from England. As best I can tell, it looks like these Prestons were most recently in England, but they were in Ireland at some point in history.

My personal opinion is that John Preston d. c. 1823 in Jessamine County, Kentucky was probably a son of John Preston d. c. 1801 in  Lincoln County, Kentucky.  It is also my opinion that John Preston who married Phebe Adams in 1797 in Lincoln County, Kentucky was probably a grandson of John Preston who died c. 1801 in Lincoln County, Kentucky.  I have no proof to back up my assumptions.

My hopes are that DNA will help us figure out these Prestons.

Angie Preston

Please join the Preston DNA Project:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/p/preston/results.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 17 queries.