World Families Forums - Where's the DNA evidence?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2015, 02:46:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  Moss (Moderator: mossAdmin)
| | | |-+  Where's the DNA evidence?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's the DNA evidence?  (Read 265 times)
chrism

« on: May 15, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »

I thought these surname projects were about applying DNA evidence but I can't see anywhere that this is available. There's one thread giving some male lineages in this forum but nothing else.

I should be the 60th person to join this group so there should be something to show for it. Where is it?
chrism

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »

Silly me - I missed the "y-results" tab. Still it would have been nice if there had been a clearer reference to it on the introductory page.

I see there's not a lot of commonality yet among the participants. It would be nice to see a map of where the earliest ancestors are. On the FTDNA site this is requested, but is the information not passed on to World Families? Also it would be nice to know where the present day members are, or were born. Is that intruding too much on privacy?

Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:46:46 PM »

Chris - Not sure what you are looking for or what you consider DNA evidence to be.  

I consider the Results Table to be the "dna evidence".  Whether a man's results have been compiled into a Lineage (with other men who share a recent paternal ancestor with him - typically called a "match") or are being held in a group which has no match yet in the project is information - both results are valuable

I did check your yDNA matches and see that you do not have any matches in the Moss surname project at this time.  However, you do have a very important match (GD=1 at 37 markers) with a man with another surname.  Suggest that you also join that surname project while staying in Moss project.  To me, the yDNA evidence for you at this time is that very important match

The FTDNA "Public Pages" include the earliest ancestor map - for the participants who have provided the info.  However, I see that the maps have no info right now.  Hopefully, that glitch will be fixed soon.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/moss

Note - there is a strict standard of privacy in DNA Testing.  As a project - we DO NOT divulge the name, contact information, birth location or any other personal info about project participants. (It is completely ok for a participant to divulge this info)  DNA Testing participants are provided the name and email address of their matches.

Terry
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:33:54 PM by Terry Barton » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.