World Families Forums - Della Fowler McCorkle

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 06:13:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Fowler (Moderator: Rebecca Wilson)
| | | |-+  Della Fowler McCorkle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Della Fowler McCorkle  (Read 794 times)
PaytonWillie

« on: August 10, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »

I have limited information on a confusing situation. Some things I am positive about, however many things I am not. If anyone has ANY information or also shares this family line, please- "help"!

I will start with what I know, facts~ if you will.

I am Felicia Broome Willie
My father is Edward Broome b. 1938 Union Co, Monroe, NC
His Mother is: Ailene Watts Broome b. 1917 Union Co, Monroe, NC
her Father & Mother are Wylie J. Watts and Lydia McCorkle Watts b.1885 Union, Monroe, NC
Lydia's Mother and Father are: Della Fowler and Mack McCorkle b.1863-1869 ('63 I believe)

I recieved this information off of the death certificates I have from my father after he passed.
As I started searching to find information re: Della Fowler~
it has been confusion for me. Seems most census records list a Mack and Mattie McCorkle together with thier children as well as Lydia and her brother (Henry Arthur b.1888). However after this point of discovery, I can't find anything on Della Fowler that was the mother of Lydia McCorkle and Henry Arthur McCorkle.
The only addittional infomation I have is from the book "A History of Fowler Families of The South" - on pg# 135 it relates to my particular situation,
being that Fowler children are listed, as is Della, and states Della married Mack McCorkle. There are other brothers and sisters (I am assuming they are) of Della such as Mattie Fowler, Emma Fowler, Clifford Fowler, (then is Della) Braxton Fowler and so on.
Someone out there must know something. I have account on Ancestry.com and the ones that do follow this line with Mack McCorkle put him with Mattie. I am not saying he wasn't with Mattie also, maybe Della passed over, I don't know, they even have children together, but what I am saying is that where they have listed that Mattie is Lydia and Arthur's mothers, is incorrect. They too have the death certificates posted that clearly states Della is the mother of atleast those two children.
I am not trying to tell someone else they are wrong, this is not about agruements. To me it is about not forgetting my G-G-GrandMother Della Fowler McCorkle~

Truley,
Felicia~

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.