World Families Forums - DOSS FAMILY

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 04:34:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'D'
| | |-+  DOSS (Moderator: Nathan Murphy)
| | | |-+  DOSS FAMILY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOSS FAMILY  (Read 3282 times)
S D Jones

« on: March 12, 2006, 06:29:57 PM »

I posted my pedigree today and have been researching my Doss line for well over a year.? I can't seem to get beyond my Great Grandfather.? I have found lots of information and think he might have come from Surry County or Stokes County N.C.? I am interested in communicating with anyone who is also reseaching this branch of the Doss family.?
Sue Hall
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »

Where is your Doss family pedigree posted?

My oldest known Doss Ancestor is John Wesley Doss b. abt 1809 in VA. At the time of the 1850 census, he is living in Decater CO, County, TN.? His youngest son, George W. Doss, b. 1864 is my great grandfather.? His son, Wesley Paige Doss, is my maternal grandfather.

Any of these names familiar?

Sue Hall
Jill Ellern
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »

My sister and I have begun looking into my mother's family (Nelda Jane Gallion and her mother was Elda Ida (Doss) Gallion Clark.  We found lots of stuff from Joyce Potter's pages on the Doss family. But not much on our grand mother Elda.  We are wondering John Hamlett, our g.Grandfather had another wife besides Isabel L. (Clark).  Our grand mother isn't in the picture and we have some family history says that our Great Grandmother was a Creek indian. (Isabel don't seem to be indian.) 
guinnann

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 06:37:19 AM »

I have also been searching for my grandmothers family (America Elmer (Doss) Guinn, her father was Berry Allen Doss. Macon County, Tn.  No one can find  my g grandmothers name.  My grandmother had a sister Amy Doss.  Sure would appreciate any help.
S D Jones

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:36:15 PM »

The Pedigree is posted here on WFN Forum.net - click on pedigrees search for Doss - mine is posted there.  None of the names in the messages posted since I started this look familiar.  My g grandfather Joseph Henry Franklin Doss was born in N.C. in 1824 and moved to Franklin County VA.  He married Eliza Ann Bryant.  The had several children and moved to WV.  My grandfather is Joseph Lee Doss, m Gertrude Blanche Hughes.  My email address is sheila_jones@comcast.net.  I don't get to this site often - please email me directly if you have any information. 
doris337

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

Where is your Doss family pedigree posted?

My oldest known Doss Ancestor is John Wesley Doss b. abt 1809 in VA. At the time of the 1850 census, he is living in Decater CO, County, TN.? His youngest son, George W. Doss, b. 1864 is my great grandfather.? His son, Wesley Paige Doss, is my maternal grandfather.

Any of these names familiar?

Sue Hall
KatherineM

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »

Thomas Doss (1686 - 1759)
is your 8th great grandfather

Thomas Doss Jr. (1720 - 1782)
Son of Thomas

Littleberry Doss (1771 - 1860)
Son of Thomas

John L Doss (1802 - 1850)
Son of Littleberry

Alfred Smith Doss (1827 - 1910)
Son of John L

Joseph Ely Doss (1856 - 1923)
Son of Alfred Smith

Felix Martin Doss (1895 - 1968)
Son of Joseph Ely

Katherine Elizabeth Doss (1920 - 2006)
Daughter of Felix Martin

Marion Nancy Mead (1940 - 2004)
Daughter of Katherine Elizabeth

Susie Katherine Mead (1971 - )
Daughter of Marion Nancy

Katherine Elizabeth Mead
You are the daughter of Susie Katherine

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 20 queries.