World Families Forums - New England Porters

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2014, 10:51:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Porter (Moderator: Brian Porter)
| | | |-+  New England Porters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New England Porters  (Read 1262 times)
wartrace

« on: December 31, 2007, 02:12:45 AM »

Three progenitors of the largest Porter families in New England are John Porter of Windsor CT, John Porter of Hingham and Salem MA, and Richard Porter of Weymouth MA. The two MA Porters were traditionally believed to have been brothers and only now, with the advent of yDNA testing, could that be finally determined.

I descend from John Porter of Windsor CT, and have only recently discovered that as a result of my yDNA tests.

Are there any other Porters here with New England roots? I would certainly like to communicate with other descendants of that CT line. What better forum could we have than this?

Donnie Porter
HamiltonLass

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:30 AM »

I am hoping that someone on this list may be able to shed a little light on my situation. My paternal ancestor is a Porter Pepper of Spencer, MA. As the result of DNA testing it has been proven that Porter is really a Hamilton (biologically) and not a Pepper; he was taken in by a Pepper and given that surname. We have always wondered about the first name of Porter, thinking it may be a clue to parentage. Could it be the maiden name of a Porter daughter? We are looking for a connection between a Porter female and a Hamilton male. Maybe she died in childbirth? Maybe Porter Pepper was orphaned, there are many scenarios we could imagine. If you see any Hamiltons related to your Porter family or living near them, I would love to know about it. We are looking primarily at the years from 1811 to 1833 and in or near Spencer, MA. Could be Brookfield area. Thank you very much! Teresa read2befree@yahoo.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 18 queries.