World Families Forums - Lloyd Family of Dolobran

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 06:56:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Lloyd (Moderator: James Lloyd)
| | | |-+  Lloyd Family of Dolobran
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lloyd Family of Dolobran  (Read 1701 times)
johndlloyd

« on: December 17, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »

Hi All,
 I live in England. I am a direct descendant from John Lloyd of Dolobran  b. 1575
 I have a great vast amount of material realting to this family, particularly from
 the 1700s to the 1900s. If your surname is Lloyd and you have possible connections
 to Thomas Lloyd, first Governor of Pennsylvania, then you can check your genealogy
 via a DNA check against the Lloyd family in England. The Lloyd surname dates from
 around 1400 from Llwydiarth in Mid Wales. The vast majority of male Lloyds anywhere
 in the world are descended from this one point. You can communicate with me via this forum.
                          Regards   John Lloyd

GeneLloyd

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:13:18 PM »

Hi John,
Well I'm close to the Penna. area with my family. I have traced my line back to 1850 New Jersey, Burlington County, Washington Township, Batsto area. Census seems to show that my great great grand father Joseph was born in NJ, of course could be 1810 -1820 as dates vary. Really trying to make the connection to some Lloyd further back. I have posted 67 DNA test here and with Ancestry.com. My closest connection is a 23 match with a William Lord. Since these were really poor folks, probably not connected to Thomas. I have seen some of his info as my mother's side is from Phila. and I have crossed his family lots in reading headstones, wills and land records for that area.
Sincerely, Gene
Trish13
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »

Hi,

We believe that there is a strong chance that our family descends from the Lloyds of Dolobran. However, because the line is illegitimate, I do not have a known named earliest Lloyd ancestor. We have had a Y-DNA check carried out. It is a 43-marker one, from DNA heritage. I would be keen to compare our results with those of anyone else who has a known or suspected descent from the Lloyds of Dolobran and Birmingham.

Thank you :)

Tricia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.