World Families Forums - Trying to find male from the Ambrose Booten Fry b 1823 line

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Frey (Moderator: freyAdmin)
| | | |-+  Trying to find male from the Ambrose Booten Fry b 1823 line
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trying to find male from the Ambrose Booten Fry b 1823 line  (Read 2255 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: March 08, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »

From an email from Carole Fry [Ritescot AT aol.com]:

Hello,

This message is in reference to DNA Kit #226635 of my brother. We have not posted our earliest known ancestor yet. His (and my) earliest known Fry ancestor is our great grandfather Ambrose Booten Fry (born 1843). Please post that in association with DNA Kit #226635. I will post the pedigree soon.

One of our great grandfather's sons, our grandfather, was also named Ambrose Booten Fry (born 1874), and the name Ambrose has come down through three additional generations, so the name Ambrose had great import in our Fry family. Our grandfather, the Ambrose Booten Fry born 1874, once told me that he was the third Ambrose Booten Fry.

Which leads me to think the next generation back before our Ambrose Booten Fry (born 1843) is still another Ambrose Booten Fry who was born 1823 in Virginia (if I remember the date correctly from memory). This Ambrose Booten Fry lived in Shenandoah County, Virginia.

This first Ambrose Booten Fry was not married to our great great grandmother Nancy Dunaway (later Yike), so far as we know. You can see there was a probable illegitimacy in 1843, which would have been a great shame as opposed to now.

It was a great gift to us that our great grandfather had an unusual name! That at least gives us somewhere to start in looking for his father.

Other things we know is that the 1843 A. B. Fry said he fought on the opposite side in the war from his father. The 1823 A. B. Fry, did fight for the Confederacy, and our great grandfather, the 1843 A. B. Fry, was in the Union Army. Family tradition also tells us that our great grandfather went to Virginia at some point to see his Fry family there, but was not received well, or at all, which would be understandable when a son shows up to a then married man with his own family who may know nothing about an earlier son.

I would very much like to find a Fry male from the Ambrose Booten Fry (born 1823) line who will do a DNA test. It likely is the only way we will ever prove our hypothesis that the oldest Ambrose Booten Fry is our probable great great grandfather. It would mean the world to know where we belong in the Fry lineage.

ritescot
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.