World Families Forums - Looking for Descendants of David Phillips b 1755 Orange/Caswell NC

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 09:45:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Phillips-Worldwide (Moderator: Nancy Kiser (administrator))
| | | |-+  Looking for Descendants of David Phillips b 1755 Orange/Caswell NC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Descendants of David Phillips b 1755 Orange/Caswell NC  (Read 2869 times)
judyfill

« on: November 05, 2007, 08:24:08 PM »

Descendants of David Phillips b 24 Dec 1755 Orange Co (now Caswell Co) NC, m Agnes Ashley 1785 Edgefield Co SC, went from SC to TN by 1814.  We really need DNA testing from some of David's descendants.  Please contact me if your are aware of any of his descendants.
Thanks,
Judy 
BrianP

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 02:55:38 AM »

Dear Judy,

Greetings.  My name is David (Brian) Phillips.  I am responding to your request for Phillips descendants from Orange County, NC from the mid 1700's.

My Phillips line goes back to Pike County, KY, and prior to that was Orange County, NC from the mid 1700's.  I have a new computer and all my records are on my old computer, so I will have to transfer all the info to my new computer.  I do have specific names, dates, etc, of who left Orange County, NC and ended up in Pike County, KY.  This Phillips line included "Bad" Frank Phillips, the Deputy Sheriff who is credited for ended the "Hatfield-McCoy Feud" between Pike County, KY and Mingo County, WV.  Frank was my GG Grandfather.  Frank had an affair with a Eva McCoy, which is my line, so I am also a McCoy descendant.

In 2002 I found Ms Betty Howard (also a Phillips & McCoy descendant) who taught Genealogy Research for over 40 years and is the subject matter expert for my Phillips line and for the Hatfield-McCoy families.  She still lives in Pike County, KY.  She has all of her facts straight and documented, and has it all memorized as well.  She is a very remarkable lady.  Betty actually went down to Orange County (now Caswell Co), NC and conducted some research.

I would love to talk more over the phone if possible.  My e-mail is dbrianphillips@hotmail.com.  Please respond to this e-mail outside of this forum if interested.  Thanks.

Brian Phillips
ericphillips1

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »

I am Eric Phillips. My 5th Great grandfather was Zachariah Phillips born in Orange, NC. He had several sons but two of those sons jump out at me. 1. Thopmson Phillips because he is my 4th Great Grandfather, and 2. his brother Jessie. If I am not mistaken Jessie also had several sons one of which is William phillips then his son Franklin (Frank) Phillips Frank married Nancy Hatfield Mccoy (who was at first Jonsie Hat fields wife until he died). If you would like to talk more my email is ericphillips1@gmail.com

Eric 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.