World Families Forums - Assistance wth an ancestor who vanished

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 12:09:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Heron (Moderator: Linda Heron)
| | | |-+  Assistance wth an ancestor who vanished
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Assistance wth an ancestor who vanished  (Read 981 times)
Michelle Galindo

« on: October 05, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »

Hi,

I am Shelly Galindo (Michelle Heron Galindo) and new to this forum.  I have posted our pedigree and as you can see, we don't mave much info at all about our earliest known Heron ancestor, Henry Heron.  The facts, as we have been able to piece together from census and written family records, is that he was born in IL or KY and married a woman named Sarah and fathered William Alonzo Heron born in southern IL (maybe Pope or Massac Co.) in 1874.  Family legend is that the spelling of the last name may have had an additional "r" before and that Henry divorced and/or abandoned the family in IL and moved west, maybe to CA, where he had another family.  Our research is futhered stymied in that Sarah, his wife, was known to have had as many as seven different husbands and we don't have any lead on a maiden name.  My research to-date with IL, KY and federal records has not gotten me any further.

If you have any information to help us break through this ancestry barrier, we would love to hear from you.  We are participating in the DNA project to give us a clue about the family origin, but we would love to know our history in the USA as well.  I cannot vouch for the sanity of the entire clarn, but I can say we are always happy to find new relatives.

Thanks
Shelly Galindo

Shelly Galindo (aka Michelle Heron Galindo)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 18 queries.