World Families Forums - getting started

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 11:04:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  getting started
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: getting started  (Read 2241 times)
cjennings

« on: September 19, 2007, 12:07:39 PM »

Ok everyone how the heck do you get thisthing started. I have been on here for more than 30 minutes and I have know luck with this posting thing, or how to put my pedigree on here, I know I live in the sticks but good golly molly where do I start. answer anybody.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »

Do a Search for your surname (click on "Search" in the menu bar, then type your surname in the "Search For"  white box, then click on "Search" towards the bottom of the page )

and then click on the link that says: ______ Family Pedigree - which should be the first result. 

Note: we don't support all surnames.

If you are looking for Jennings, this is the link.  Go to it and then click "Reply"

http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2920.0

Note: you have to be registered (you are) and signed in (you were when you posted your plea for help) in order to post.

Terry
COOKIE

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »

HI, I NEW TO THIS SITE, I HAVE FAMILY HISTORY ON BENJAMIN F. JENNING-WHITE CO. TENN. IS ANYONE ELSE DOING THIS LINK ON THE JENNINGS FAMILY?
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 10:16:58 PM »

Hi, Cookie.  I hope you will post your pedigree on the Jennings Pedigree forum.  It will then be posted on the Patriarch page for the Jennings project, as well.  Some interested researcher may see it and contact you to share information.
cat8521

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 02:01:37 PM »

I'm new as well and having problems too. Sorry if some of us seem out of it. I
 looked at your web site to see how to post my pedigree. If I understood correctly I should NOT list anyone after 1910. Even if they are dead now? My problem is that I only know of my grandfather William Clayton Whitfield 1904 SC   (died 1947). His dad's name was on his death certificate as Gord ( maybe Gordon ?) and listed his mother as Mary from Anderson SC. I don't know the dates of the gg grandparents or anything else about them. Every one else I know is from 1910 on. Will it be worth putting this on the web site? My brother is only 46, should he still do the DNA testing? Sorry to be so dumb but I have never done this stuff before. Thanks for your help.
--
In Christ
Cat Vick
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 10:40:39 PM »

Hi, cat.  I hope you will post your pedigree, using whatever information you have about the earlier generations, even if you don't have dates. We don't post birthdates after 1910 on the Patriarch page to protect the privacy of those who might still be living.  If you would like to post your pedigree with birthdates after 1910 on the pedigree forum, you may do so, even if we can't put them on the Patriarch page.  To learn more about how to post a pedigree, please take a look at this page:  http://worldfamilies.net/postyourpedigree.html

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 17 queries.