World Families Forums - Hiding email address or unregistering

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:42:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Notify us of a Problem
| | |-+  Hiding email address or unregistering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hiding email address or unregistering  (Read 3485 times)
John Hanley

« on: September 13, 2007, 09:21:48 AM »

How do I hide my email address from the public AND registered members? I noticed that some members have their email address hidden, but I can't find a way to edit my profile to do this. On the other hand, I can't find a way to unregister myself, either. I'm not comfortable with a spammer being able to register and have access to my email address. If I can't hide it from spammers, I want to remove my profile and registration, but can't even find a way to do this.

I also can't remove a post that has my address publically available. I can only edit the content, but of course, not the availability of the email link. Also, the Help button does not work to even investigate how to hide my email address.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:23:32 AM by John Hanley » Logged
AvaMC09

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »

Hey John,

The only way I think to hide your email address is to go to your profile then click Edit>personal information and then input your name and dummy email address that will be visible for public views.

Ava
athenalosey

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 01:44:16 AM »

Sometimes there is option for checking whether the email should be made visible to public or not. This can be done while registration. Otherwise use the dummy address.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 17 queries.