World Families Forums - Mendelson Ancestry-Success Story

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 08:52:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Mendelson Ancestry-Success Story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mendelson Ancestry-Success Story  (Read 929 times)
sacredsisters3

« on: August 30, 2007, 10:59:10 PM »

Hello All

I have been working on my family tree going on 6 years now. I have several lines I am working on. To name the ones I am mostly persuing are Greenberg, Faikes, Mendelson & Rakoff. The line I have had the most success with is my Mendelson Ancestry.

My great-grandmother was Elka/Anna Mendelson born in Mogilev-Belarus, Russia in 1888. When I started doing research on her I had no information to work with. All I had to go on was the fact that she came to america as did two of her siblings. So Over the course of five years I delved into all types of records and databases online and off to piece the puzzel together. I have now traced my great-grandmother Anna back to her birthplace of Mogilev. I have also acquired vital records, such as birth, marriage & death records on her and her two siblings that immigrated to America.

This has also helped me to connect with a living descendant that i did not know was out there, and she turned out to be my grandmothers first cousin. Over the course of the year in 2006 we corresponded via e-mail exchamging information and stories. We teamed up on further research, and have no found the birth dates and names of a total of 11 children and the names of my great-great-grandparents Morduhk & Beila-Ryvka(Katz)Mendelson. Also together we have come across two more descendants who have survived the Holocaust. I am still working on this line trying to uncover what happend to all the siblings of Anna and what happened to the  Father Morduhk. The mother Beila-Ryvka Died in Mogilev in 1917.

My Great-grandmother Anna came to America in 1911 and married David Rakovchick(Rakoff in America), in Brooklyn in 1921. Her other two brothers who also came to America were Louis & Samuel both died in 1963. Louis was married to a Rose and had three children, Max, Sylvia, Cecelia. Samuel married Emma Kaplan and had two kids Joseph & Ruth. Ruth is the first cousin of my grandmother that I am in contact with. My great-grandmother had two kids Ruth(my grandmother) & Murray Rakoff. Both are deceased, Murray in 2001 and Ruth(Rakoff)Faikes in 2006.

If anyone has a connection to this line or any of the other lines i have mentioned please get in touch with me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.