World Families Forums - 1st Cousin discrepancies

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 04:12:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  1st Cousin discrepancies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1st Cousin discrepancies  (Read 1965 times)
cliffsheets

« on: August 29, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »

My first cousin and I have both had our mtDNA tested. My mom and her mom are sisters, so we have the same maternal line. However, my test results from FamilyTree DNA state an inserted mutation 524.1C and 524.2A, hers are similar but it is 524.1A and 524.2C. Does this mean the same thing? Does it matter that the letters seem to be transposed?

Family Tree DNA says they will retest me but will charge me $50. I already paid $340!

Before I pay another 50 bucks, I was hoping someone could tell me if the results really are a match.

What makes me think FamilyTree DNA messed up is that there are 4 other people tested by SMGF.org that match my cousin and show the same names as we do on their pedigree charts.
anngmones

Great Great Granddaughter of John Wakefield

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:03:34 AM »

I have been happy with all my testing originating with the genographic project then contributing to the FTDNA. Ann

Ann McGill Garcia-Mones
Rapp

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »

I just posted a new thread on MtDNA inheritance because I recently read that MtDNA can be passed down from the paternal line!  That is significant if true.  It conflicts with everything that we are told on these sites.  In my case, it makes sense.  My eight low resolution MtDNA matches are mostly Dutch and Belgian.  My mother's family line goes back to Scotland, with little chance of so-called "unannounced adoptions".  My paternal grandmother was Dutch.

http://www.vetscite.org/publish/items/000765/index.html

My wife's numerous MtDNA DNA matches would make more sense if there was a paternal inheritance.

By the way, there is a maternal component in Y-DNA, but the DNA experts say it has no impact of Y-DNA results or interpretation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.