World Families Forums - Greenberg Family Ancestry-Romania

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 09:58:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Greenberg (Moderator: greenbergAdmin)
| | | |-+  Greenberg Family Ancestry-Romania
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greenberg Family Ancestry-Romania  (Read 1124 times)
sacredsisters3

« on: August 20, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

Hello All

I have only been able to trace back to my great-grandfather Adolph Abraham Greenberg who was born about 1882-1884 in Hertza-Dorohoi, Romania. His parents according to his death record and marriage record are Chaim/Hyman & Pearl(Cohn)Greenberg. He came to New York In 1907 along with his fiance's family and their last name was Markowitz. He married Minnie Markowitz In Manhattan in December of 1907 and had six kids. He lived in Manhattan up until 1914-1915, and then moved his family down to Connecticut. He was a salesman/merchant. The names of the kids are David born in Manhattan in 1908, Harry in 1910, Theordore(my grandfather-died 1970) born in NJ, Irving born in CT, Edith CT, and Herbert born in CT. Herbert is the only one of those siblings still living. Adolph Greenberg died in 1936 and his wife in 1972. I believe Adolph may have had a sibling Joseph/Yosef who died in Romania or in the holocaust. If any of you think there may be a connection then please contact me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.