World Families Forums - Contact Members

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2014, 11:02:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Robeson (Moderator: Marilyn)
| | | |-+  Contact Members
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Contact Members  (Read 811 times)
jim_robeson

« on: August 15, 2007, 01:02:08 AM »

I just joined the Robeson DNA Project and was amazed to see what appears to be my family pedigree (back a few generations) in the Patriarch page.  If my family tree is correct and this person's is also correct, then we must be related and our DNA must match up pretty good.  Since this project is quite small so far, there is only one person who could be my "cousin" --> it would be ID R-1, CS Robeson. 

So now, what do I do?  I would like to contact R-1, and I would like to contact the person with the only Pedigree.  Can you help me contact this person(s)?

And for sure, I would like to see R-1 get the next set of DNA tests!  He only has 12 markers so far.  I'm setting at 37 markers.  We need to try to get R-1 jump to 37 markers!! 

This is quite exciting.  This could help verify my family documentation -- or not.  And if yes, then I will find a cousin from about 8-9 generations back!

Thanks for helping me figure this out.

Jim Robeson
robeson47

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:31:17 PM »

Hi Jim.  I just joined the Robeson Project, and had my DNA data transferred from the Nat Geo Project, but I see I need to upgrade to better markers.  Hopefully I will do so in the near future.
  The listed Andrew Robeson is my 6th G Grandfather.  This is Andrew Jr., as he came to America with his Uncle, Andrew Sr. in 1676.   Thomas Sr., Andrew Jr.'s son, moved to Bladen County, N.C. after his father's death in 1720.  The rest of the lineage is Thomas Jr./Jonathan/Samuel/Evander/William Sr./Ewell (my father).   The family generations have remained in Bladen until now and is where I grew up.
  I sent the administrator my pedigree, but it has not yet been posted.
I will plug your lineage into my Family Tree to see how we are related.
Would be good to hear from you.
Leon Robeson
Dallas, Tx

LeeR
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.