World Families Forums - Newman Name Society

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:47:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'N'
| | |-+  Newman (Moderator: NewmanAdmin)
| | | |-+  Newman Name Society
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newman Name Society  (Read 1714 times)
SandraB

« on: July 06, 2007, 12:35:02 AM »

I would like to introduce members of WFN forum to the Newman Name Society.

The Society was founded approx. 20 years ago. the Newman Name Society is dedicated to preserving Newman Family History and establishing Newman Genealogies.

The society produces four newsletters per year. The Newman Chronicle is published each January, April, July and October.

The Newman Genealogical Register includes details of all known Newman genealogical research, and a revised edition is published each year. The society has additional plans for future publications.

It is hoped that a CD containing Newman Census material and Overseas Births, Marriages and Deaths, in PDF format, will be sent to all members of the Newman Name Society during 2007. PDF files can be read by Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free program available as a download from www.adobe.com".

Although the society cannot actually undertake research on behalf of its members, we do collect and catalogue Newman research data and this data is accessible to the membership on an ‘at cost’ basis. 

Members family trees and charts are routinely appraised for coincident lines of descent. Newman genealogical enquiries are welcomed for publication in the society newsletters. 

Please contact me if you'd like to see a .pdf file of a recent journal.

Kind regards, Sandra.

Sandra Beckett
(Australasian Subscription Officer and Editor, Newman Name Society - www.newmannamesociety)
Newman

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

I'm a direct Newman male.   My last name is Newman.

I've only been able to trace my Newman's to SC around 1790/1800.

I've been wanting to do one of these DNA things.  I am in Atlanta Georgia....my Newman's line has been on the East side of South Carolina (near Ga) to GA ever since the 1790's.

I've been wondering if anyone knows of a way to do a DNA test for free?   

My email is nerflight@aol.com   
Snookums

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »

Sandra,
 I would enjoy viewing a recent journal. I would like to know how does one subscribe to the journal.
Thanks  Marianne

MCaruso
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.