World Families Forums - Native American Ancestry

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 04:43:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hatfield (Moderator: Elaine Hatfield Powell)
| | | |-+  Native American Ancestry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Native American Ancestry  (Read 1760 times)
Cathryn Hatfield

« on: July 04, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »

I noticed that the DNA comany tests free for  Native American Ancestry.  Have any of the participants tested positive for this?  Would it be a vague thing,  like  Maybe ,  8 -  18 generations ago,  or could it be like Yes,  8 - 12  generations ago and a specific tribe?

(I'm sure more than one of us have heard Cherokee stories)

Cathryn Hatfield

dheint2006

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »

I know your post is rather old, but I just had to share this.

All my life I've heard that there was a cherokee in the family....I spoke with a first cousin the other day....she too has always heard this.

Recently I made contact with a very distant cousin, who has, because of where he lived, heard it was choctaw (I believe).

Well, the distant (choctaw) cousin and I did our dna, and it is confirmed that he and I are related (37/37)....but the haplotype indicates not cherokee....not choctaw....but middle-eastern....either arab or jewish ancestry! I can't stop laughing about this. We're still trying to figure this one out.

Dan
Robert L. Hatfield

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:02 AM »

Dan;

I had to laugh when I read your post about the possibilty of middle east or jewish ancestry.
   I remember asking my Father what was our ancestry when i was a teenager.  His reply was "Heinz 57".  he further explained that I had English, Irish, Dutch, and Scottish and German in me from his and my Mothers side. Then he grinned and said you also have a little "darn Jew" in you too from the Hatfield side of the family. Never did mention anything about Native American.

Bob Hatfield

R.L.Hatfield
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 19 queries.