World Families Forums - Thomas Patrick Hartley

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2016, 06:34:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hartley (Moderator: Tom Hartley)
| | | |-+  Thomas Patrick Hartley
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thomas Patrick Hartley  (Read 171 times)
Thomas M. Hartley

« on: December 31, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »

I could use some help from this community if possible. My name is Thomas Michael Hartley and I was born August 19, 1957 in Bay Shore NY. My father was Thomas Peter Hartley and he was born December 10, 1932 also in Bay Shore NY. Now, it gets interesting. My paternal grandfather was Thomas Patrick Hartley and in my family Bible, he was listed as being born May 24, 1892 in England. His mother's first name was Emily and that is all I have. Both my father and grandfather are no longer living so I have no one to ask any further details...here's the REAL interesting part:
As the story goes (as I remember it), my grandfather refused to tell anyone about his father or anything further past. He only gave his mother's first name but not her surname to his own children. More interesting...I can remember going on one trip to Upstate NY when I was a child to the town of Conway. We "apparently" are related to the Conway's of that township on my grandfather's side- but there was some bad feelings between families having something to do with my grandfather (see below). However, we were never allowed to even get out of the car. My father stopped at a home, he got out and after a brief chat with someone he called his cousin, we left town. IF I recall this right, my grandfather refused upon entering the US to register with his real name and rather chose Hartley (which I can only assume might have been his mother's surname). I can recall having a Great Uncle Jim Conway who lived in the Bronx but that's all I can recall.
Has anyone any knowledge of a Hartley-Conway connection in this forum? I'm rather driven by interest to get to the bottom of this. I appreciate any help.
Best wishes in the New Year by the way.
Tom

Dr. Thomas M. Hartley PhD., ThD.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 19 queries.