World Families Forums - Joseph Lusk

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 01:10:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Lusk (Moderator: Gil Lusk)
| | | |-+  Joseph Lusk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joseph Lusk  (Read 5569 times)
ryanlusk

« on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

B: in 1662 in Scottland.  He had at least 3 children: William Lusk b:1677, John Joseph b: 1681, Nathan b:1682.  I am looking for Joseph's parents.
Gil Lusk

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 05:49:57 PM »

B: in 1662 in Scottland.  He had at least 3 children: William Lusk b:1677, John Joseph b: 1681, Nathan b:1682.  I am looking for Joseph's parents.

Ryan, it would be great if anyone knew this but so far Joseph is the last generation to be found.  As to his birth date, this again is not really known exactly.  I began with 1662 but then, in looking at the age of his children and their birth dates it seemed more likely that he was born earlier than that, probably in the late 1650's.  At this point it is a toss up.

It would also be great if we knew when his parents or grandparents arrived in Ireland from Scotland.   My own speculation is that he came over under King James I or Oliver Cromwell, but this is just speculation.

As Co-Administrator of the Lusk DNA Project under Family Tree DNA in Houston, I am hoping that we will eventually be able to make the bridge to Scotland through tests of families there and in Ireland.  We already know that I share a common ancestor with Leask and Lisk families in Scotland well before Ireland - Joseph is my Great- great, etc.

I will be posting updates as we go along to Lusk family members so email me if you would like to be added to the list.  HGLusk@msn.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 19 queries.