World Families Forums - family group I2a

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2016, 04:20:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Paxton (Moderator: Richard M Payton)
| | | |-+  family group I2a
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: family group I2a  (Read 639 times)
pax150

« on: December 24, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »

Just what country did we come from ?   

From Bernie,
                    Thanks for the email reminder about your S2742+ results. They were completed in October at a time when I was very busy and I didn't get in touch with you.

Yes if you are interested I recommend the A2329 test. For background I am attaching a tree for I-L161 which our other volunteer administrator Zdenko Markovic drew in November. You are in the S2703+ S2742+ part which is near the top of the drawing, and this has a lot of branches with people who aren't very close to each other. The S2703+ S2742+ group does contain the Isles-B1 and Isles-B4 groups but these are small. It also probably contains several people with continental ancestry (German, Polish).

The people who are S2703+ S2742- all belong to the Isles-C/Isles-D groups, which are pretty common and so far seem to be strictly British/Irish. So what do we learn from these tests? I would say that the S2742 test has helped us that confirm that Isles-C/Isles-D are not closely related to the singletons with no close matches (people like you). Since Isles-C/Isles-D is such a big group it's very helpful to learn all about it, and confirm that it's British/Irish and isolated from the German/Polish people for many thousands of years.

Going further we know that you don't have any close matches, and you and your Paxton matches are surely isolated from the German/Polish people as well as the British/Irish people in our project for thousands of years. (I hope we will eventually some closer matches to your family).

So if you test A2329 and you are A2329+ you will get another more specific haplogroup designation and we will know that A2329+ is a fairly common result and we will continue to recommend it to other people in the S2703+ S2742+ result. If you are A2329- probably I would recommend that you stop testing individual SNPs because there would be too many SNPs to test. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.