World Families Forums - Hogg Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 04:41:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hogg (Moderator: Deborah J Waite)
| | | |-+  Hogg Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hogg Family Pedigrees  (Read 2900 times)
Deborah J Waite

« on: May 23, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Hogg Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:46:14 AM by terry » Logged
CherieCG

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:06:06 PM »

Harlan D. House, born Nov. 4, 1931 in Des Moines, Iowa;
his father, Howard L. House, born June 6, 1900 in Jewell, Iowa;
his mother, Ellen Marie Church, born November 26, 1853 in Illinois;
her father, Ebenezer Hogg Church, born 1806 in Orange Co., Vermont;
his parents, Alexander Hogg Church, born 1758 in New Hampshire, and changed his last name from Hogg to Church, along with at least 2 of his brothers, after the Revolutionary war.  He was married to Abigail Atwood, birthdate 16 Sep 1766 in New Hampshire; Alexander Hogg Church's father is Alexander Hogg, born 17 Jun 1932 in New Hampshire;
his father is William Hogg or Ogg, born 1700/1705 in Wick, Caithness Co., Scotland--William Hogg was married to Elizabeth--unknown last name.
CarlaGraves

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »

Personal Pedigree - Carla (Hogue) Graves

James Maderson Hogue, b 1809 in AL, m Mary (Polly) Foster
   Charles Boden Hogue, b 1846 in Union Co AR, m Margaret Hines
      Perry Tunnell Hogue, b 1882 in Tarrant Co TX, m Nancy Alice Martin
         William Perry Hogue, b 1915 in Denton Co TX, wife still living
bionhoeg

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »

I hope the form of the following is consistent with the expectations of this group:

Our surname has been Hoeg, as long as literacy has allowed.  (Although Benjaminen was also spelled Hoag on some documents in my possession.)

Benjamin, b. 1-24-1766, NY, m. Mary Taft
Lovett H., b. 9-17-1792, Edmeston, NY,m. Perninna Eddy
Lovett Eddy, b. 8-6-1834, Edmeston, NY, m. Mary Elizabeth Bloomer
Burt Ray, b. 6-26-1877, Brooklyn, MI, m. Nina Alpharetta Spencer
Bion Rheinard, b. 9-16-1910, Horton, MI, m. Lillian Bereniece Barnes

My name is Bion Lynwood Hoeg, b. 8-20-1941 and I have children and grand children to add to the list.

If any of this is interesting to anyone, I have further details about all of the above for the asking.

Bion L. Hoeg
2-9-2009

Brother Hogg

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:10:13 AM »

My name is Chris Hogg

My Father is Gregg Hogg

His father was Harold Lee Hogg (Born 1933 Died 10/23/2005 Spouse was Geraldine Lavern Martin)

His father was Harley Andrew Hogg (Born 09/09/1894 Died 01/10/1973 Spouse was Grace Lois Goff)

His father was Thomas Hogg (Born 06/08/1869 Died 05/11/1902 Spouse was Mary Emma McClannahan)

His father was William Hogg (Born 02/02/1826 Died 11/03/1892 Spouse was Margaret Minto Thomson)

I have completed the 37 marker test, it shows one match with the same surname as mine but I'm not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Chris Hogg

James P Moore

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 04:43:59 AM »

My second great-grandfather was John F. Hoge (b 6/15/1841, d  4/1/1913)
His father Daniel Hoge (b 5/30/1810, d ?), spouse Rebecca Wheeler
Daniel's father Joseph Johnson Hoge (9/25/1770 - 6/24/1847), spouse Barbara Brawley
Joseph's father James Mayo Hoge (6/12/1742 - 4/5/1812), spouse Elizabeth E. Howe
James' father James Mayo Hoge (7/4/1706 - 6/2/1795), spouse Agnes Crawford
James' father William Hoge (1660, Scotland - 1749 VA), spouse Barbara Hume
William's father James Hoge (1635-1682), spouse Marjorie Lambert

As I am descended from John F. Hoge through his daughter Beulah (1886-1932), and so am not a direct male descendant, I am not participating in the DNA project but would like to provide any other information the project administrators may find useful.  I can add that John F. Hoge married Louisa A. Cunningham, and in addition to Beulah they had two sons, James R. Hoge (9/6/1869 - 5/1/1898), and William F. Hoge (1881-?).  I presently have no information on any children James or William may have had, but will certainly share such information with the project if I do find it.

James P. Moore
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:44:48 AM by James P Moore » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.