World Families Forums - Duggers from Mississippi and Lousiana

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 02:08:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'D'
| | |-+  Dugger (Moderator: Ralph Dugger)
| | | |-+  Duggers from Mississippi and Lousiana
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duggers from Mississippi and Lousiana  (Read 1797 times)
dcdugger

« on: September 05, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »

My name is Daniel Charles Dugger, I was born in Jackson Mississippi in 1971,  My Father Earnest Carroll Dugger was born in North or South Carolina around 1932, he said he was not sure because he never had a birth certificate with accurate information. My sisters Elisabeth Cecilia Dugger and Christine Ivy Dugger were born in New Orleans Louisiana. Sorry I don' t know the dates, I know, shame on me for not knowing my own sisters birthdays.

I now have two children of my own, Sarah Abbey Dugger born in Tacoma Washington in 2004 and my son Corbin Carroll Dugger born in Clarksville Tennessee in 2006.

I wanted to know if anyone could help me with research on our origins and any interesting stories about us that I can pass along to my children, as their grandparents are both gone. I wish I had paid attention more to my family, but they never seemed to like me much, its like I was the black sheep of the family, when actually most of them were nuts.

My Grandfather Charles Lawson Dugger was born God only knows where and when, actually I talked to my sister and shes going to see if she can get that information and I will post it then. If anyone recognizes those names, please drop me a line and let me know.

Thanks folks
Ralph Dugger

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »

Hi Daniel,  I am Ralph Dugger, Moderator of this forum and Co-Administrator of the Dugger Surname DNA Project.  I'm sorry that I can't help you at this point.  With the limited information you have it will be difficult to help you tie in with our other Dugger lines.  Have you looked at the Pedigrees posted to the Pedigree Forum and the Patriarch Page on this website?  Also take a look at the Results Page to see the results of the DNA tests that our members have had performed.  We have had some really good luck matching people with their ancestors this way.  You might want to consider a Y DNA test for yourself to
see if you can match some of us who have already tested.

If you would like more information post your questions/comments here or write me personally at raldug@sbcglobal.net.  I'll be glad to help all I can.

Ralph Dugger
Ralph Dugger

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »

Daniel, after reading your message again I realize I didn't fully respond to your query.  As to the origins of the Dugger's I think that most Dugger researchers trace our American heritage to Daniel Dugger, b. c1690, probably in VA and his wife, Mary Scarborough.  Daniel lived his life first in Surry Co., VA and then Brunswick Co., VA.  Many of his descendants spread out from there with the first migrations mainly to North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennesse and points west.  Others went on south to South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.  There were a lot of Dugger's in North Carolina (and still are).  By the way, the name Lawson is common in some of the Dugger lines that I have seen.  There are some websites that have a lot of good Dugger information.  For example, Marty Grant, a Dugger descendant, has posted a lot of excellent information on the WeRelate.org website.

If you would like more specific information let me know.

Ralph Dugger
raldug@sbcglobal.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.