World Families Forums - So Far

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:34:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'D'
| | |-+  Dugger (Moderator: Ralph Dugger)
| | | |-+  So Far
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Far  (Read 1226 times)
Jim Dugger

« on: May 13, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »

1. As far as the Lydia line: The DNA evidence from multiple sources now seems to prove that Alexander and John "Surry" were in fact both sons of Lydia; or at least from the same father. 

2. A more limited sample size (three of us who never heard of each other) now seems to indicate that William and Henry were brothers; and therefore William is a son of Daniel; assuming that our paper trails are correct.

3. Using Y Search I did a genetic distance analysis for the John Dugger Sr. family as posted. The distance from me was 11@ 37 markers. That is so far away that a paternal ancestor would have to be literally thousands of years back. (Although there is a "blood" relationship between me and the descendants of John Sr. through Armon Dugger).  So where does that put us?
a) There was a completely separate Dugger family in the Colonies. Either John Sr was NOT a son of Daniel; or that what we think of as the Henry/William line is in fact the separate one; It is even possible that either Henry or William was fooling around with the others wife, making it appear to us that they were brothers when perhaps they were not.
b) There was an undocumented adoption somewhere along the line.
c) John Sr was the product of an "affair" from another father, or
e) At least some of John's male children were fathered by someone else, although the result for William E (D9) would seem to preclude this as he descended from a different son of John
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:32:19 PM by JimDugger » Logged
Ralph Dugger

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 11:45:38 PM »

Hey, Jim,

I like your imagination!  There is more to the John Dugger, Sr. results than meets th eye.  The John, Sr. folks match a McClain test group, not the Dugger's.  The McClains and Duggers were close in Brunswick Co., VA and to a degree in Surry Co. from about 1720 on.  The McClain connection could be John, Sr. or he may have raised McClain children as his own.  More research and DNA testing is needed.

Ralph (a John, Sr. descendant?)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:59:52 PM by DuggerAdmin » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.