World Families Forums - Burt Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:10:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Burt (Moderator: burtAdmin)
| | | |-+  Burt Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burt Family Pedigrees  (Read 3129 times)
burtAdmin

« on: May 10, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Burt Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

mimi burt

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »

John Burt(t); b. ca. 1692-Gloucester Co., VA; m. Grace
Joseph Burt; b. 1731-Gloucester Co., VA; m. Elizabeth
John Burt; b. ca. 1763-Halifax Co., NC; m. Hannah
John Burt; b. 9 Sept. 1818-GA; m. Margaret W. Brown
George Samuel W. Burt; b. 25 Apr. 1861-Aberdeen, Monroe Co., MS; m. Melissa Elizabeth McClung
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 01:37:14 PM »

Hi, mimi burt.  Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/b/burt/pats.html

Carrie
sweetskip

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:52:20 PM »

John b c1688 Swanage, Dorset, England m Elizabeth STEPHENS b c1688
Robert b c1750 Swanage, Dorset, England m Mary COLE b c1741
Timothy b Feb 28 1779 Swanage, Dorset m Elizabeth COLE b c1785 Swanage, Dorset
John William Cole b Oct 11 1810 Swanage m Clara SHOTT b Mar 9 1817 Swanage
Ralph b Jul 29 1845 Swanage, Dorset m Maria Ann MYERS b July 8 1846 Newington London
Frederick William b Oct 14 1874 Collingwood Victoria Australia m Annie M HARRIS b 1876
Maurice Joseph William b Oct 17 1910 Collingwood Australia m Maisie Stamp JAMES b 1912
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »

Hi, sweetskip.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/burt/pats

Carrie
Lectance

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 07:40:37 PM »

My name is Pat Craffey.  My grandmother was Anna M. Burt.  Her Father was Frederick E. Burt.  Her brothers were Lawrence Burt and Frederick Burt, Jr. all of Brockton.  He Grandfather was Eustis Burt b. Norton d. Brockton, Ma.  My grandmother had a nephew named Richard Burt, Lawrence Burt's son, I believe now of Cape Cod.  Her Brother Fred had a son Warren Burt who had 3 daughters also of Brockton.

Her gr gr grandfather was Willard Guilford Burt, b. and buried in Norton at Timothy Plain Cemetery.

I don't, at this moment have the dates; I will post them in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:07:45 PM by Lectance » Logged
NoTexasCowboy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »

Ok, short pedigree...

ggf - John Burt m Rebecca Bovaird - no other data known
gf - David Andrew Burt - b June 27, 1875 Greanoke, PA
      m Martha C.  Children Kenneth, Helen, Walter
f - Kenneth Melville Burt - b Dec. 4, 1896 Parkers Landing, PA
      m (2nd wife) Helen Lucille Roberts. Children Dianne, Kenneth, Richard

In a nutshell, here is what I know: Kenneth Melville lived in Cincinatti, OH for a while in the 1920's and 30's and was a WWI veteran. (records lost in fire in 1977) I had an aunt(?-supposedly) that was a hair stylist for Warner Brothers Studios, Jean Burt-Reilly. David Andrew Burt was a glass worker and worked for PPG in the 191x's. Kenneth Melville was married before my mother and had a son, Robert Hill Burt, who lived in the Bethel Park area of Pittsburgh. He also had another brother named William (Bill, who had 1 daughter, Sharon?) married to Helen and living in Canonsburg, and a sister Rebecca (Becky, who had 2 daughters, Linda and Betty) married to Thomas Tweed, and a sister Anna, who married a Hulick, and had a son Robert? and a daughter and may have lived in Burgettstown, PA. None of this makes alot of sense, but it what you get when you try to get second/third hand information from folks generations removed from the data.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:28:15 PM by NoTexasCowboy » Logged
geneburt

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

Charles Burt, b c1816, New York City NY, m Ann Maria Peck
Charles Albert Burt, b 28 March 1841, New York City NY, m Catharine Reeves
Charles Alfred Burt, b c1862 New York City NY, m Jennie Johnston
William Alfred (or John) Burt, 5 January 1896 New York City NY, m Florence Suplee
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:23:18 PM »

Hi, NoTexasCowboy and geneburt.

Your pedigrees have been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/burt/pats

Carrie
Don BURT

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 03:51:59 AM »

Harry Burt b 1845 Southampton, HAM, England d 1901 m Olive Kimber
Ernest Burt b  2 April 1878 Burnham, BKM, England d 1925 m Eliza Knight
Ernest Thomas Richard Burt b 13 October 1914 Croydon, SRY, England d 1999 m Ada Sophia Groom
Donald Ernest Burt b 20 October 1944, Chiswick, LDN, England m Patricia Ann Minchin

Don Burt MBE

Middlesex, ENGLAND

Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »

Hi, Don.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/burt/pats

Carrie
nariadni2

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »

Ok, short pedigree...

ggf - John Burt m Rebecca Bovaird - no other data known
gf - David Andrew Burt - b June 27, 1875 Greanoke, PA
      m Martha C.  Children Kenneth, Helen, Walter
f - Kenneth Melville Burt - b Dec. 4, 1896 Parkers Landing, PA
      m (2nd wife) Helen Lucille Roberts. Children Dianne, Kenneth, Richard

In a nutshell, here is what I know: Kenneth Melville lived in Cincinatti, OH for a while in the 1920's and 30's and was a WWI veteran. (records lost in fire in 1977) I had an aunt(?-supposedly) that was a hair stylist for Warner Brothers Studios, Jean Burt-Reilly. David Andrew Burt was a glass worker and worked for PPG in the 191x's. Kenneth Melville was married before my mother and had a son, Robert Hill Burt, who lived in the Bethel Park area of Pittsburgh. He also had another brother named William (Bill, who had 1 daughter, Sharon?) married to Helen and living in Canonsburg, and a sister Rebecca (Becky, who had 2 daughters, Linda and Betty) married to Thomas Tweed, and a sister Anna, who married a Hulick, and had a son Robert? and a daughter and may have lived in Burgettstown, PA. None of this makes alot of sense, but it what you get when you try to get second/third hand information from folks generations removed from the data.

nariadni2

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 04:32:30 PM »

i would like to know who the parents , or husband , or siblings of Jean burt rielly were. she was born 26 aug 1915 in montana, died 15 feb 1981 in burbank los angles calif.  she was the head hair dresser for warner bros. studio in the 70s and done a lot of other movies. any info would be appreacaited   thank you rick taylor email rickietaylor@myutahjazz.com
ic746pro

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 02:44:44 PM »

grandfather George H Burt b 1 Aug 1889 MI d May 1964 Redford MI
wife Anna E Johnson
son Robert H Burt b 1915 MI
son James C Burt b 27 Oct 1916 Pontiac MI d 19 Jan 1973 Pontiac MI
second wife Veronica C Meldrum
son George W Burt b 28 Apr 1916 MI d 14 Jul 1975 Pontiac MI
Roger Burt

Roger Burt

jasonpburt

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »

I should have my results soon, FamilyTree received my Y-DNA kit on 5/24.  Below is my pedigree far back as I'm fully aware, with members born after 1910 not included.

Moses Burt b. c. 1732-Westmoreland, VA d. 1808-Scott, KY; m. Hannah Green

Benjamin Burt b. c. 1760-VA d. c. 1838 KY; m. unknown

John Burt b. c. 1794-Culpeper, VA d. c. Scott, KY; m. Rachel Stout

James Burt b. 22 Feb 1826-Scott, KY d. 18 Mar 1892-Sangamon, IL; m. Elizabeth Patterson

James Francis Burt b. 09 Nov 1851-Woodford, KY d. 28 Mar 1914-Creek, OK; m. Jeannette F. Drennan

Joseph Patterson Burt  b. 20 Nov 1901-Creek, OK d. 28 Aug 1945-Los Angeles, CA; m. Lillian M. Law
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.