We invite you to post your "Pedigree" on the Chan Family Project Patriarch page.
Simply click "reply", type in your family information, then click "Post".
1. You can provide either your personal ancestry or you can provide general family information. Terry's are listed below as a reference.
2. This info is meant to provide enough so that another researcher can recognize your family and contact you, and is not a place to list all you know.
3. Keep to one line per generation. Abbreviate and leave off unnecessary date (married date & place & death date & place)
4. You can include the surname or leave it out, just be consistent
5. Only include generations that have this family surname
6. Please keep the information simple and don't try to "Format" it, as that will only make more work for us.
7. You need to provide your name and email address, so that other researchers can contact you.
The purpose of pedigrees is to help other researchers identify your line so they can contact you, not to list everything you know. Generally, 4 pieces of information is sufficient to recognize an ancestor (his name, birth date, birth place and wife’s name).
PERSONAL ANCESTRY (one generation per line, 80 letters maximum per line)
Or, you can post a FAMILY ANCESTRY (limit to 5 generations, one generation per line, 80 letters maximum per line)
Personal Pedigree - Terry Barton [terry AT bartonsite.org]
Thomas, purchased land, Stafford Co VA, 1678
Thomas, b c1666, m Grace
Thomas, d 1751/2, Prince William Co VA
David, b c1730, Stafford Co VA, m Ruth Oldham
Thomas, b 15 May 1768, Fauquier Co VA, m Sarah Kees
Conway Oldham, b 20 Aug 1805, prob Greenville Dist SC, m Martha John Cox
John Matilda, b 1839/40, ?Columbus? MS, m Emily Cassandra Sneed
Joseph James, b 6 Nov 1865, Milam Co TX m Mary Jane Harlan
John (Jack) Sneed, b 24 Feb 1897, Bartonsite TX, m Josephine Cresap Waddell
Please use these abbreviations:
Family Pedigree - Terry Barton [terry AT bartonsite.org]
Thomas Barton, purchased land, Stafford Co VA, 1678
Thomas Barton, b c1666, m Grace
Thomas Barton, d 1751/2, Prince William Co VA
David Barton, b c1730, Stafford Co VA, m Ruth Oldham
Thomas Barton Sr, b c1732, m Sarah Wilson
John Barton, m Rhoda/Rhody
Valentine Barton, b. c1703/6, m Ann Bivin
Charles Barton, b c1721
Burr Barton, b c1704/8, m Elizabeth
James Barton, b c1711
William Barton, b c1712/31
Lydia Barton, b c1716/18, m Benjamin Drummond
m = married
b = birth date
d = death date
c1930 = circa (around) 1930
Co = County
VA = Virginia (GA for Georgia, CA for California, etc.)
Click "Reply" to post your pedigree