World Families Forums - mtdna, dna

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:23:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  Moran (Moderator: moranAdmin)
| | | |-+  mtdna, dna
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtdna, dna  (Read 849 times)
moran

« on: May 04, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »

I am a male Phillips.  My grand mother on father side was a Moran.   I have a distant female cousin who is a Moran,who is also related on the Phillips side.  Her mother was a Phillips relative  Is there any special signifance to her (my cousin) dna?
Marty Wallauer

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:31:36 PM »

My earliest male ancestor listed on FTDNA is not a Moran.  My earliest Moran was John Moran, b. @1710 in Essex Co., VA, married Sarah (Smith?), d. April 3, 1775.  He was granted a patent of 283 acres on Stockton's Creek & Mechan's River in Albemarle, Co., VA.  My descendency is: John's son William; his son Elijah, who had a son, Robert Lewis Moran, with Catherine Graves.  Robert married Elizabeth Ann Graves. Their daughter, Frances Virginia Moran Detamore, was my grandmother.  Robert and Elizabeth had only one son, William Grayson Moran, and I don't know where his descendents are, so can't recommend a male to have the DNA test.
I would like to know who the immigrant in this line of Morans was and the country of origin.  Were they Irish, Scots-Irish? 
I am also a member of the Graves Family Forum. My Kit info is posted there.  The Morans and Graves in that part of Virginia had close ties.

Marty
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.