World Families Forums - Who do I compare my results to?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:04:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Who do I compare my results to?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who do I compare my results to?  (Read 900 times)
sherri

« on: April 20, 2007, 02:31:32 PM »

Hello
I too have sent for a familytree dna kit and will be testing my father, but again, if does not appear that many are taking this test for me to compare my $150 results to? 

Question:  does anyone know if you can connect Shaw DNA Male to say great-great-great-great grandmother a MacNeill?  How do you test female line from way back?
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:02:55 PM »

I'm not sure that I can completely follow your question, but I'll try to give a good answer here:

FamilyTreeDNA (and Y-Search) allow you to compare your results to other people that have taken the test, whether those people are in your surname or not.  You won't know for sure how many matches you have received until after you've taken the test.

You could use Y-DNA to compare ancestry to your GGGG-Grandmother's husband (by testing a direct male decendant).  You can also use mtDNA to test for your GGGG-Grandmother's line (by testing a child of a direct female decendant).

A lot of questions are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions part of our website:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/faqs.html

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 17 queries.